• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Posting personal information on the site

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For your internet security, do not post personal information directly on the site. Exchange that info through a Personal message only. It is against the sale rules and your ad may be deleted. Thanks

pschlosser

Reaction score
can I get clarification on this?

some of us use our real world name in our forum login name. often, our contact information, such as phone # and email address, are public record, and one can find this information by googling our names. if we choose to post our email address and phone #, is this in violation of the rules?

I of course agree, it's a bad, bad idea to disclose private information, but some of our data is public record anyway, so is there harm in posting it?

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
can I get clarification on this?

some of us use our real world name in our forum login name. often, our contact information, such as phone # and email address, are public record, and one can find this information by googling our names. if we choose to post our email address and phone #, is this in violation of the rules?

I of course agree, it's a bad, bad idea to disclose private information, but some of our data is public record anyway, so is there harm in posting it?

There can be, yes.

Back