• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power brakes

Reaction score
Hi looking for some input, my master is leaking on my 1973 barracuda, it has front disc/rear drum, i was thinking of converting to power... thought it would be a good idea (?) as i want to go with a big block, the right stuff has a booster with all brackets for 160.00 is this a good deal/kit/idea?

thanks

moparleo

Reaction score
Power disc brakes are definitly the way to go. Several companies out there selling power brake conversions . They are all about the same so just do your shopping and pick the one you like best.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the option I like best is to use a hydroboost unit , as long as you have power steering they have better feel & do not care about cam shaft or vacuum

moparleo

Reaction score
On the hydroboost system, the brakes are power assisted with fluid and a belt fed pump. It is a more expensive system up front because It requires the pump, high pressure hydraulic hoses, the boost unit in the rear of the master cylinder and a few other odds and ends. But once converted it is a very good power system that doesn't need vacuum to operate it.

Back