• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ProTouring 73 Cuda.

JRisTC

Reaction score
So I apologize for lack updates for last few months. Ive been extremely busy with my business, and my builder had take a couple of months to help his son who is in the service move. He has a lot of stuff happening / plus winter has been rough in Illinois.

I went and spent weekend with car and its really coming together. Everything is plumbed and its ready to fire. Stiffening Kit is done. A lot of stuff has been primered or painted. From day 1 of owning to now, its a totally different car. I legit fell back in love with project after seeing it.

Plans for next 60 days:
Install rear suspension
Rear trunk floors and mini tub kit
Finish welding in all the little holes and things not needed on firewall.
Finish wiring
Finish transmission tunnel
Install brakes and Hydroboost setup.
Install DriveShaft
Drive it.

New parts ive gotten are:
Challenger 8 speed shifter
Mishimoto Water Reservoir
US Tools inboarding and minitub kit.

Still left to decide on is wheels.

89293773_225861208463787_4341756416319553536_n.jpg

89294855_509975346600337_8427378510867202048_n.jpg

88964645_2239883652981193_43852251747319808_n.jpg

89250664_190537632243024_3911773028270211072_n.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
You got it going man. Keep rolling, gonna be very cool. Thanks for the pics and welcome!

JRisTC

Reaction score
So in everybodys experience. What do you guys do when you hit a rut on a project? Where you dont really have energy or even want to finish it. With everything going on, ive kinda been that way. I have everything. Its not like its a money issue or anything. I got hit up by someone looking to buy my project and parts off me. Not sure how to put a value on it, or if i should just knock it out and enjoy it.

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
KNOCK it out and enjoy it! When you get in the rut..... sometimes you have to step away for a bit, not too long though. Enjoy something else for a while. I only see the pics from March, so you will be hard pressed to enjoy this summer and fall anyway. Maybe get back on it this winter. I'd love to see this car finished, what you've done so far is great. Hang in there! I know the feeling. Good luck to you!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Finish it , you will kick yourself forever if you let it go now !
Heck I would love to come & help if I could travel !!

ProSport

Reaction score
I honestly think you'll regret selling it. And if you did want to sell it, it'd be worth alot more money completed.

JRisTC

Reaction score
I appreciate you guys. I honestly just had one of those days that was I like ughhhh. Most of it is done. Only driveshaft, rear leafs and some wiring is left to be done. A few tweeks. A lil bit more body work to complete it but its pretty well done. Prob a few weeks and a few parts. Thank you guys again though for advice. You're right. Completed, will go for a lot more.

JRisTC

Reaction score
i probably wont. it dint even really hit me to think of that till somebody wanted to buy it off me but a year in, so many hours researching, doing crap on it. you feel bad just giving up. I appreciate all the advice and encouragement though.

JRisTC

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Been working hard on this project again. Thank you guys for motivation.

We are nearing starting her up for the first time maybe this weekend or next. Got a lot of work done. Finished up the Trans tunnel and did the brakes and all that. Just a lot of plumbing and running of lines. Id say project is about 80-85 percent done. Just gotta order a couple of parts missing and we should have it maybe ready for a road test!

image0.jpg

image0 (3).jpg

image0 (2).jpg

image0 (1).jpg

Last edited:

JRisTC

Reaction score
Lookin great! Since we're in the Chgo area, I'm sure we'll meet up! Are you a member of the Chicagoland Mopar Connection car club?

Thats awesome. I dint know others were around. I guess im a member of Chicago Area Modern Mopars, since I started ages ago. I have not joined any other clubs or anything. Would be cool. Ive just been doing this solo lol.

fasjac

Reaction score
Stepping away sometimes isn’t so bad! Looks like you’ve made great progress. It is gonna be awesome! Very neat project. Can’t wait to see it completed.

JRisTC

Reaction score
Starting to put things back and finishing up the wiring and plumbing. Got Gas pedal installed. Dash cage back in. Most of the wiring done.

Ordered a bunch of parts today like Mishimoto expansion tank, Tanks inc fuel regulator and filter, fuel level sending unit, wildwood brake proportioning valve, wiper motor. Deciding what type of brake booster/hydro boost setup i'm doing. Probably just do mustang or gm astro van hydro setup. Getting a lot done and starting to get into the gritty of things.

JRisTC

Reaction score
Update pics:

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpg
    image0 (2).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 202
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 195
  • image0 (1).jpg
    image0 (1).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 189

70chall440

Reaction score
Great build, brings me back to when I did my 73 Cuda. You are a lot fast than me, took me like 12 years.. (can you say procrastination...) but in my defense I did built a number of other thinks during that time as well.

I know what you mean by getting into a rut, been there many many times. I find that you need to get back to what made you want to do it in the first place, I usually think about the vision I had for the car. Finally, I work on something related to the car that is fun rather than trying to stick to a schedule or path.

JRisTC

Reaction score
Nice progress!! Rock on

Thanks man. Will have more soon!

Great build, brings me back to when I did my 73 Cuda. You are a lot fast than me, took me like 12 years.. (can you say procrastination...) but in my defense I did built a number of other thinks during that time as well.

I know what you mean by getting into a rut, been there many many times. I find that you need to get back to what made you want to do it in the first place, I usually think about the vision I had for the car. Finally, I work on something related to the car that is fun rather than trying to stick to a schedule or path.

Thank you for the kind words. Working on it. With life getting busy, putting it on back burner became kinda easy. Then covid happened when we geared up again. So just adjusting and hopefully getting it done in next couple of months. I had plans on getting it done in 90 days, but body shop screwing car around all summer last year really pushed us back. By the time i got it back, it was set tone for frustration. Glad I got passed it. Still undeciding if to truly keep it or not, but its been such a labor of love, idk how id just give it away.

Back