• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ProTouring 73 Cuda.

JRisTC

Reaction score
More update pics.

image0 (1).jpg

image0 (2).jpg

image0.jpg

superbee6

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the same drivetrain in my 70 challenger. How hard is it to fit that 8HP70? Is there a lot of cutting? I'm assuming there is. And, does anyone make a trans mount for it?

Thanks

JRisTC

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the same drivetrain in my 70 challenger. How hard is it to fit that 8HP70? Is there a lot of cutting? I'm assuming there is. And, does anyone make a trans mount for it?

Thanks
Def needs some room. Have to go custom I think for trans mount. I have not seen one. We are just making our own.

JRisTC

Reaction score
Update. Stiffining kit is going in. The floors and rocker panel is done. Quarters, trunk floors left to do.

image0 (2).jpg

image0.jpg

image0 (1).jpg

image0 (3).jpg

image0 (5).jpg

image0 (7).jpg

image0 (8).jpg

JRisTC

Reaction score
Update:So car is out of the body shop for now. We finished the front half of the work. All thats left is rear trunk floors and Rear quarter panels. We wanted to tackle rest of body work once we did the mechanical stuff as to not mess anything up once we did build.

1/8/2019-6/18/2019
US Car Stools Stiffening Kit
Two Quarter panels from AMD
Rear valance from AMD
front bumper from AMD
Rear bumper from AMD
Bumper and valance Bolts
Floor Patch Panel, Front, 1-piece, correct Flanged Edge from AMD X
Rear Floor Patch Panel left and right from AMD X
Under Rear Seat Pan from AMD X
Rear Trunk Floors from AMD
Driver Rocker Panel from AMD X
-----
Waiting to be put on but ordered:
Seat Brackets by Planted technology-In
Front Chin Spoiler spoiler-In
Painless Wiring Harness-In
Optima Yellow Top Battery.-In
6.4 Gen3 with 8 speed-In
Hotchkiss Rear suspension-In
Milidon Oil Pan and Pick up-in
RMS Alterkation front suspension-in
Mopar 392 Crate Kit-in
Custom 8 speed StandAlone Controller-in
Wilwood rear 12.19 4 piston brakes-Ordered
Wilwood front 12.19 6 piston brakes-Ordered
Wilwood master cylinder -Ordered
Moser Axles -Ordered
Ebrake cable-Ordered
Flaming River Steering Column-Ordered
Qa1 rear shocks-In
Hotchkiss Leaf Shackle kit-ordered
Tti headers-Ordered
Gas Tank-Ordered
Mishimoto radiator-Ordered
Mishimoto Radiator hose kit-Ordered
Mishimoto mounting kit-Ordered
Mishimoto 11 inch High flow fans-Ordered
Mishimoto Race Thermostat-Ordered
Mishimoto Fan controller kit-Ordered
Baracuda Fuel Injection Gas Tank by Tanks Inc-Ordered
- GPA-4 High Flow Fuel Pump Module - Up to 630HP

Last edited:

JRisTC

Reaction score
Pic update. Car is out of the body shop and delivered to shop. Waiting on some parts to arrive but 90 percent are in.

Front RMS craddle is built, and ready to go.
The pre wiring has been started.
We modified oil pan to have a dipstick and modified the pick up.

Tonight and tomorrow, old wiring and old engine will get removed. Engine bay and everything else cleaned/painted and rest can start.

We have about 2-3 week goal to get it driving. Prob another month past that to finish off body work and paint.

image0.jpg

image0 (4).jpg

image0 (5).jpg

image0 (1).jpg

image0 (3).jpg

JRisTC

Reaction score
Sorry Ive slowed down on updates because life has been hectic but here is an update of where car is at now. Old engine is out, inner fender replaced. Most of the stuff has been cleaned up and primered. Engine was in to mock it up and fit. Its now out currently getting headers installed and now welding up the stiffening kit, new inner fender and painting rest of engine bay.

image0 (1).jpg

image0 (2).jpg

image0.jpg

image0 (3).jpg

wayne

Reaction score
Envious of your work space lol! But really, I like the direction your going with this build. New metal, suspension and especially the motor and trans. Do you plan to do any driving events with the car or more of a cruiser?

JRisTC

Reaction score
Envious of your work space lol! But really, I like the direction your going with this build. New metal, suspension and especially the motor and trans. Do you plan to do any driving events with the car or more of a cruiser?
A bit of everything. My goal was to build a solid daily driver, that was as reliable as a new car, but in my dreams car shell. I plan on doing most of the big events with it and just driving it. I dont want it to sit in my garage. While I may have gone overkill on some parts or all parts, it was about getting it and doing it right.

JRisTC

Reaction score
So engine bay is finally done. Took a lot of work to really clean it up, replace the inner fender and primer it. The engine went in for last test fitting, and its out now. Its getting engine bay painted and then we can finally put it all together which should be faster moving now.

67764334_10215368175425260_9055157709971652608_n.jpg

Last edited:

JRisTC

Reaction score
Another update. Engine is in car. Trans is too. We are just test fitting and getting ready to plum it all since we are close to starting it. Brake/cooling kits all go on this week as well.

IMG_3395.JPG

image0 (1).jpg

image0.jpg

image0 (2).jpg

image0 (3).jpg

image0 (4).jpg

ProSport

Reaction score
Is that a power steering rack? I'm considering that route for my Challenger. It has a Gen2 Hemi and a motor plate, I've never ran power steering so I don't know a thing about the pump or anything yet.
Your project looks awesome!

JRisTC

Reaction score
Is that a power steering rack? I'm considering that route for my Challenger. It has a Gen2 Hemi and a motor plate, I've never ran power steering so I don't know a thing about the pump or anything yet.
Your project looks awesome!
Sorry I never responded to this but yes. Its the RMS Front Coil Over front clip. Its a full on K member, coilover conversion, Rack and Pinion setup. Saves a lot of weight, tons more handling and obviously extremely nice steering. Attached a pic of it sitting on the bench.

image0 (3).jpg

Back