• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ProTouring 73 Cuda.

70chall440

Reaction score
My problem has always been that I have a very hard time getting rid of my cars. I have done it many times over the years but in more recent times I have managed to keep them all (2 E bodies, 2 B bodies and an A body along with a 10 Challenger RT, 01 Viper, 52 Dodge B3B pickup with a 56 Desoto 330 Hemi, and 3 Harleys). However, I am now pretty much "full up" and my full on retirement plan (semi retired now) is to get the 2 Es and the 2Bs done to a state where they move under their own power, are painted, etc. and then rotate them through the shop and fix the little things, make small changes, etc. I might sell the the A body and the 52 but I am struggling with that.

I would say this, whatever drove you to start this project is still there, if you sell it you will not be satisfied and will end up either buying something else or starting a new project all the while comparing them to what you have going on now. Get the car done, drive it and enjoy it, if it turns out that in the end you don't like it or it doesn't excite you, then sell it, trade it, etc. You have to see it through completion or you will always wonder how it would have turned out. I love building them, however when they are done I put them in the shop and start on the next one. Yes I know they are supposed to be driven, but that just not where my passion is. I do need to get into AutoX or something, maybe that would help.

JRisTC

Reaction score
Little Parts haul update. Not everything I ended up getting but all in and getting ready to be put on!

image0 (1).jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg
image5.jpg
image6.jpg

JRisTC

Reaction score
I know its been a minute but with Covid, life and just winter. Its been hard pressed to move forward but i'm back and getting to work on this thing. We are completing the wiring. Got fusebox mounted. Hydro Boost setup almost complete. Radiator is in with mounts plus the trans cooler. Steering is done. We are so close to getting this thing started and running. Little by little!

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 188
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 171

JRisTC

Reaction score
After 3 years. She runs! :). Sorry I have not updated the car much at all, and with life being busy. Im still not sure im keeping or finishing the car, but we got it started today. Been listening to offers and interest but kinda fell right back in love after hearing it run today for first time.

moparlifer

Reaction score
After 3 years. She runs! :). Sorry I have not updated the car much at all, and with life being busy. Im still not sure im keeping or finishing the car, but we got it started today. Been listening to offers and interest but kinda fell right back in love after hearing it run today for first time.
awesome!
I know that was a long row to hoe to get there!
You must be over the moon!
Just starting mine and am following your progress and challenges closely.
Won't be long now huh?
Funny I just re-started mine a few months ago (after storing it for 20+years) just to finish it. I am still somewhat ambivalent about whether to keep it or sell it when done.
I always tell people...wait for it........"If I'm still in love with it after I get it running I'll probably keep it."
Sounds like you may be getting close to renewing your vows....especially after you get her on the road a few times.

JRisTC

Reaction score
Sweet! Got any pics from this recent fire up?
I had video, but forum wont let me post it or share unlisted youtube link. Im getting updated pics today, so maybe i can post to see whats been done since I last updated!

JRisTC

Reaction score
awesome!
I know that was a long row to hoe to get there!
You must be over the moon!
Just starting mine and am following your progress and challenges closely.
Won't be long now huh?
Funny I just re-started mine a few months ago (after storing it for 20+years) just to finish it. I am still somewhat ambivalent about whether to keep it or sell it when done.
I always tell people...wait for it........"If I'm still in love with it after I get it running I'll probably keep it."
Sounds like you may be getting close to renewing your vows....especially after you get her on the road a few times.
TBH. Im still 50 50. Ive been getting offers on car on a few post I made on wanting to know about value if I needed too. I and the people helping with car, are just swamped. I dont want the car to sit another year while we make time here and there. And, as nice as I made it, I need better parking for it. I have high end cars, but I can park em anywhere. Outside, Parking garage, but this needs to be in a nice garage. So thats another reason why the debate is there. Good luck with your build though. It does mess up thoughts when you first hear it run. Offer has to make sense too.

moparlifer

Reaction score
TBH. Im still 50 50. Ive been getting offers on car on a few post I made on wanting to know about value if I needed too. I and the people helping with car, are just swamped. I dont want the car to sit another year while we make time here and there. And, as nice as I made it, I need better parking for it. I have high end cars, but I can park em anywhere. Outside, Parking garage, but this needs to be in a nice garage. So thats another reason why the debate is there. Good luck with your build though. It does mess up thoughts when you first hear it run. Offer has to make sense too.
Too funny that is my issue too. Got one car I need to keep garaged all the time and this is now #2.
My GF is not too keen on parking outside while both of my cars are in HER garage!..hahaha😅

JRisTC

Reaction score
I thought you were doing a fast build!
haha. that was plan. I mean like 75 percent of parts were ordered in first 30 days. We also went from fixing it to doing a wild build. The guy doing most of the build also works full time as race mechanic for porsche. We lost like 5 months alone to a bad body shop who never did any work. We had like 3-4 month goal on the high end and we lost months to shitty body shop. Schedules got busy so build slowed down and we changed shops. By the time we got build rolling, covid happened and that changed everything with availability. Both builder and I, also just got busy. Winter in Illinois is rough, then summer time he is busy with race season, and I with work. It was just one thing after another. As far as parts, and everything. It was all there. Just been a nightmare at times, and kinda why I prob lost a little drive or care to finish it. Ive done like 3 other projects in this time. The car being 3 hours from me 99 percent of time also plays into it. Just a lot of learning from this build.

rklein71

Reaction score
haha. that was plan. I mean like 75 percent of parts were ordered in first 30 days. We also went from fixing it to doing a wild build. The guy doing most of the build also works full time as race mechanic for porsche. We lost like 5 months alone to a bad body shop who never did any work. We had like 3-4 month goal on the high end and we lost months to shitty body shop. Schedules got busy so build slowed down and we changed shops. By the time we got build rolling, covid happened and that changed everything with availability. Both builder and I, also just got busy. Winter in Illinois is rough, then summer time he is busy with race season, and I with work. It was just one thing after another. As far as parts, and everything. It was all there. Just been a nightmare at times, and kinda why I prob lost a little drive or care to finish it. Ive done like 3 other projects in this time. The car being 3 hours from me 99 percent of time also plays into it. Just a lot of learning from this build.
Heck, my car is in my shop 25’ from my home and it still sits at times.

Back