• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rally Cluster Help

340challconvert

Reaction score
This may help;

70ChallengerRallyeclusterdashA.jpg

70ChallengerRallyeclusterdashB.jpg

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
If you are not getting power through the proper wire in the harness, it would be unwise to ignore why the wire is not feeding power and just look for another power source. Since the proper power wire could still be hot but have a break in it somewhere, you could be looking at a future, potential short that could have catastrophic consequences in the future.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the help i pulled the cluster and found the lead that goes to the voltage limiter i plugged it back in and bingo all the gauges are working. Thanks for all the help and pictures, Chaulk up another save. I do have one other issue when i put the cluster back in the rally cluster dash lights are on all the time shouldn't they only be on with the headlights? Mine are on all the time now . any suggestings

flohemi

Reaction score
Hi Kenny, there is a gauges fuse in your fuse box that feeds the limiter. Hope this helps, if you don't have a test light, its a must have when Playing with wiring. Good luck.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Glad you found the proper wire to the voltage limiter. I would caution anyone reading this thread about testing gauges using +12VDC. The gauges will burn up very quickly if you put 12V to them. The purpose of the voltage limiter is to act as a regulator to reduce 12V to 5V. You can find a lot of information on why you want to get rid of the factory voltage limiter and go to a solid-state limiter here: RTE Gauge Faq - rte
Consider buying the RT Engineering solid-state limiter for better gauge operation and protection from smoked or inoperative gauges. RTE limiter - rte

KennyCuda

Reaction score
The limiter is getting power now i checked all the fuses with the ignition on and they all had power but one on the top. Did do it with the car running though

rklein71

Reaction score
Are you saying the gauges still do not work even with power to the limiter? Do you have 5 volts output from the limiter?

KennyCuda

Reaction score
All the gauges work now just have the issue with the rally lights staying on all the time. Gotta be something simple like a wire in the wrong place on the back

KennyCuda

Reaction score
is there anyway to get a picture of how the wires are on the back of the cluster this way i can compare it to what have have

KennyCuda

Reaction score
I looked at the back of the cluster again and everything seems to be right so i took the ground wire off the battery and front of the block cleaned everything real well and everything works fine now no more light bar light on all works as it should. Not sure how a ground would cause that but its working now so I'm not gonna complain. Thanks to everyone for helping me get threw this endeavor

Back