• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Replacement of dimmer switch

mint33

Reaction score
Attempting to replace the Rallye dash dimmer switch while in a 1970 Cuda, has this process been shown or discussed before. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

EW1BH27

Reaction score
If I’m reading the post correctly you have to remove the switch panel that’s held on with 4 screws BUT first the light bar needs to come off to get access to the top 2 screws.

mint33

Reaction score
I have not attempted to install, stay awaiting arrival of the part. Just hoping to make the install simple. One concern after removal of the light bar and panel is hoping that the wire harness and connections have enough play that you can pull out from the dash far enough to disconnect and install the rebuilt dimmer switch.
Thanks Jim

EW1BH27

Reaction score
There’s some play for it to pull away so as to unplug all of switches but it’s tight. My Top Lift plug always disconnects on its own. At least they only plug back in one way. The wiper plugs can be tricky If you’ve never done that before. I know I’ve posted those connections on this site somewhere. Once on my desktop I’ll repost the picture here.

Back