• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rim Blow Wheel

1mightymopar

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the new repo rim blow wheels from Stripe Classics? Was wondering what the quality, look, feel, etc was compared to an original wheel? Any thoughts, comments? price looks right?

Thakns

plumbeeper

Reaction score
A customer sent one to me last fall to install a new switch. All I can say is, I hope the've improved it since then. There were several issues that need to be addressed before it would be anywhere near what it should be.

Spokes were not prepared correctly before plating
Inconsistant satin sheen with chrome on spokes
Groove for switch not ready for switch, lots of glue, inconsistant width
Several cracks in the black fingergrip
Woodgrain was some type of soft wood, not plastic like original. No dovetail joints

I would be asking a lot of questions before spending $500 on it. Plus you will still need a switch and center cap.

Dave

TinCuda

Reaction score
A customer sent one to me last fall to install a new switch. All I can say is, I hope the've improved it since then. There were several issues that need to be addressed before it would be anywhere near what it should be.

Spokes were not prepared correctly before plating
Inconsistant satin sheen with chrome on spokes
Groove for switch not ready for switch, lots of glue, inconsistant width
Several cracks in the black fingergrip
Woodgrain was some type of soft wood, not plastic like original. No dovetail joints

I would be asking a lot of questions before spending $500 on it. Plus you will still need a switch and center cap.

Dave

Hey Dave,

I have an original rimblow wheel that will need restored. It is missing the center button and switch. The outer grip ring is in ok shape but does need work. As soon as I can raise the extra cash, I plan on sending it to you to fix up.

plumbeeper

Reaction score
Let me know when you're ready. Turnaround time is pretty far out right now so you have plenty of time to start saving up.

Dave

TinCuda

Reaction score
Hey Dave,

I sent you an email about the wheel. I just about have what I think I need saved up. I am looking forward to getting my wheel to you. My whole restoration project has been costing me a fortune but I think that I have managed room for my steering wheel too. This rimblow will be very important to my build. It's kind of a center piece. I am getting closer every day.

!a1.jpg

2011-11-10_11_45_00.jpg

2011-11-18 18_04_30.jpg

Last edited:

GranCuda70

Reaction score
The guy I bought my origional rimblow wheel from for 700 bucks at a swap meet said it cost him about 1200 bucks to have it restored. Needed the dough!

TinCuda

Reaction score
It is sent. All that is left is the wait for my "new" wheel to come back.

Plumbeeper has it.

Last edited:
Back