• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rubber Windshield Trim? Has anyone done this?

extremema

Reaction score
Interested in replacing the original style windshield trim front and back with todays style rubber windshield trim/gasket etc.

Wondering if anyone has done this with an E-body and if so where did they purchase?

Thinking there may be a production vehicle with similar shape size that could be used?

Figured I would just experiment with a Universal style rubber windshield weather strip.

WFSR100_18581.gif

mmissile

Reaction score
You'll probably need to use thicker butyl-tape, to raise the windows to the height you want. You may also need a wider spline, and it won't curve in the corners well.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I had a windscreen guy refit a windscreen into a car (not Mopar) and he had this type of trim on a roll. The problem with it is the rubber bleeds this black residue when ever I wash the car and the sponge gets black marks on it if you touch it. I guess the rubber is cheap and not great quality it's only about a year old I should have put the trims back on they look better anyway. The car is a late 80's so it looks ok but I think it would look out of place on a 70's car the chrome or stainless suits these cars and makes them look better then the plastic and rubber junk they make these days.

Back