• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rusted Part Cars: 1970 Cuda, 1971 Cuda, 1974 Cuda, 1974 Challanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

asylum-

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys i made a post on the forum ABodies and they suggested i come over here and ask you all what would these cars be worth? A little back story... We got these cars pretty much how they look already in a trade, and theyve sat under our roof for a couple years. I've lost interest in them, and would hate to scrap them because i know someone could use them for SOMETHING. I just dont know how much they are worth, to list them at a price.

If you all could help me out on coming up with a selling price, it'd help me in the right direction. Thanks

First one is a 1970 Cuda
70_red_cuda.jpg

DSC_1440.jpg

DSC_1441.jpg

DSC_1445.jpg

It has no title

Second is a 1974 Cuda
74_blue_cuda.jpg

DSC_1443.jpg

No title as well

Third is a 1974 Challanger
74_yellow_challanger_has_title.jpg

DSC_1437.jpg

DSC_1438.jpg

DSC_1446.jpg

It DOES have a title

Final and worst condition is a 1971 Cuda with a title
71_gold_cuda_has_title.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be easier to just part them of good parts and sell the parts individually (bumpers, door glass) or as pair (hood inserts) and establish prices on parts than to try to set a price on a whole car or the lot. While I might see xxx amount of money in parts I also see xxxx amount of money for having to drag 'em out and then pull the parts and then haul away the scrap. That's hard to put an established price on, taking into account all the variables.

If you want to pull the hood inserts, post pics, then it would be easier to help you establish an asking price on the parts.

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK. To start with what are they? Cuda's or Barracuda's? What documentation do you have? Build sheets, fender tags? I would not write all these cars off as parts cars. The pics are small but some of the cars look like they would sell as projects not parts cars. With so few and so tiny pics it is hard to answer your question.

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. To start with what are they? Cuda's or Barracuda's? What documentation do you have? Build sheets, fender tags? I would not write all these cars off as parts cars. The pics are small but some of the cars look like they would sell as projects not parts cars. With so few and so tiny pics it is hard to answer your question.

Click on 'em to enlarge the pics. They're from a pic hosting site. Then, if you really want to take a good look, click on 'em again. That will enlarge them to the point where you can see every detail.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Click on 'em to enlarge the pics. They're from a pic hosting site. Then, if you really want to take a good look, click on 'em again. That will enlarge them to the point where you can see every detail.

Thanks Robert, I'll do that. Let's see how bad these are.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The 71 Cuda needs a little wax on it. Seriously, you have around $2,500 + worth of parts that will take you a year to find buyers for. Sell the cars as is to someone who likes to deal in parts unless you want to part them yourself. I would say take $500 each and be happy that someone can use the parts.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Scary looking group you have there, I'm exhausted just looking at them! The '70 Cuda is probably the gem of the bunch even though it doesn't have a title. It would probably be the easiest one to get rid of. I think what you should do is spend some time compiling parts from the other cars that could be used to restore the '70 and offer that one up as a serious project. What's the vin number on that '70?
Welcome to the site from the Motor City and thanks for offering these up instead of scrapping them.
Btw that last one looks to have one of those giant bumperettes that the post '71 cars had...

74 challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought 73 had the challenger emblem on the fender not 74. Am I wrong? Looks like parts cars to me.

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like just parts. If this is how they look on the outside, what do you think they look like stripped down. Impossible to evaluate. If you want to take the time to tag and bag parts, there are usable trim parts and parts that can be used as cores for restoring. I am thinking that you are probably not into selling parts, what did you really have in mind ?

Just advertise make offer and take what you can to clean up your space and move on. By the way what did you trade for that got you these parts ?

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you decide to part out, I'm interested in the header panel/grille out of the 74 Challenger.

What's your location? That looks like coastal rust to me.

asylum-

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like just parts. If this is how they look on the outside, what do you think they look like stripped down. Impossible to evaluate. If you want to take the time to tag and bag parts, there are usable trim parts and parts that can be used as cores for restoring. I am thinking that you are probably not into selling parts, what did you really have in mind ?

Just advertise make offer and take what you can to clean up your space and move on. By the way what did you trade for that got you these parts ?

It was a partial trade on a landscaping job my father did years ago. It didnt take much off their bill, i believe the owners just wanted them gone, as we do now.

Basically what its coming down to is; im not willing to part them out, but i would like to sell them rather than scrap them to salvage the useable parts for the collectors such as yourself. If someone were to make a reasonable offer and come pick them up i'd be more than happy to assist loading them with HD equipment.

The cars are in Bradenton, Florida.

Thanks everyone for your help.

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a partial trade on a landscaping job my father did years ago. It didnt take much off their bill, i believe the owners just wanted them gone, as we do now.

Basically what its coming down to is; im not willing to part them out, but i would like to sell them rather than scrap them to salvage the useable parts for the collectors such as yourself. If someone were to make a reasonable offer and come pick them up i'd be more than happy to assist loading them with HD equipment.

The cars are in Bradenton, Florida.

Thanks everyone for your help.

How you're looking at it makes sense. But, truthfully, I think you'd be better of parting them yourself, to follow through on the parts winding up in the hands of collectors. If you were to run an ad on craigslist, there's no guarantee that you won't be selling them to the local scrapper and all the parts you're trying to save will just be turned into so many Toyotas anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back