• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Selling - 1970 baracuda gran coupe convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

dore200e

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 BARACUDA GRAN COUPE CONVERTIBLE. 40,000$ restoration - every nut and bolt. Perfect car to clone or cruise as it is a all steel body construction. New panels and other metal repairs. Awesome turn key. Orange in color with white interior. Firm feel steering box. Oversized front sway bar. Converted to disc brakes. New top and rear glass. All chrome and stainless out and in has been refinished. All roof and door seals. New wiring hanesses. Factory rally "Mexican". New 14" ta's.
Call Steve at 1306-541-9372 or 1306-775-2796 for price and info.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 more things. It would be nice to know more about you. This is your only post. Ramenth, maybe we should have a post minimum before one can post for sale. Also, dore, how much do you want for the car? Did you spend $40,000 on parts or the whole restoration? Looking forward to seeing the pics of your car.

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 more things. It would be nice to know more about you. This is your only post. Ramenth, maybe we should have a post minimum before one can post for sale. Also, dore, how much do you want for the car? Did you spend $40,000 on parts or the whole restoration? Looking forward to seeing the pics of your car.

The bolded ain't gonna happen. Joey hasn't put a post count on any of his sites, I know he ain't gonna start with this one.

You know the old adage: buyer beware. Same holds true here. If the seller is serious then we'll see pics and he'll answer questions. If not, then use you're best judgement.

And I'm not picking on the OP, that goes for everyone.

Anyone remember the thread from a few years ago where the kid was trying to sell a Cuda and refused to post pics under the excuse that pics on the internet are only for tire kickers? He got slammed on the site for his attitude, justifiably.

Personally, I think it's time for us mods and Joey to get some sale rules in place. We've been having more and more of this lately, with no clear stated rules at the top of the page, where every other one of his sites has 'em. No pics, no approved ads. If you're having problems posting pics, then PM me and I'll post 'em for you. Done it before.

3404speed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:worthless_thread:

Somebody had to do it!

Willie Everbeback?

We all like to tire kick on the internet, and posting pics is definitely an easy way to entice buyer s to your item. I really don't understand why people don't post pics of their cars...

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Willie Everbeback?

We all like to tire kick on the internet, and posting pics is definitely an easy way to entice buyer s to your item. I really don't understand why people don't post pics of their cars...

The name applies.

Some see the sites as Craigslist. Drop a number and then wait for the calls to come in. They pull a google search, come across our name and figure it's a for sale forum for their particular car, not a forum for the free exchange of information about said car. We've seen a number of ads like this over the years.

Personally, I'm gonna give him to the end of the weekend to respond to the thread with pics and answering questions or it goes bye-bye.

I do agree with you on the pics. They aren't that hard to post and if you google for pics of a certain car it'll pull those pics from this site and may bring in someone who doesn't even know the site exists, bringing in a potential buyer. Pics are a win-win situation for any seller. Some people just don't get it.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have to say that he did list his phone number.
An interested party will call.

I like pics too, but I would hate to see cars not get listed here because of some rules.

It's nice to be on a site that is not inundated with rules.
Although, the more people that join the site means more rules for the site.

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that he did list his phone number.
An interested party will call.

I like pics too, but I would hate to see cars not get listed here because of some rules.

It's nice to be on a site that is not inundated with rules.
Although, the more people that join the site means more rules for the site.

I agree to a certain extent.

But rules will help standardize the site.

Making pics mandatory on for sale ads helps everyone: the buyer, the seller, and the site. It helps the buyer in allowing him or her to see if the asking price might be worth it and may start serious negotations. It helps the seller in that it generates more hits for the ad.

Here's an example. Say you're sitting in front of your computer just googling pics for a '70 Barracuda and you find your that you like. The link brings you here and low and behold it's for sale. You had no idea that FEBO existed before that. That brings you, as a potential buyer and a seller together just from a page of randomly generated pics from a search engine.

It also helps out the site, since it generates more hits from the search engine. Say you purchase said car and decide to join the site from where you found it and decide to ask questions and share your experiences, making you a valuable member here. That helps the site grow since the more knowledge we can share amongst ourselves the more that will pull in folks who need the help.

By not allowing the posting of phone numbers and email addies through the for sale forums we also help protect the seller. His phone number is now on the web, for millions of people to see. Not only do you have scammers and spammers out there, but you also have some mentally deranged people who can use that to do some serious harm. Yes, we're not nannies here. Obviously he's a big boy and if he wants to run the risk of putting his phone number out there on the web so publicly then that his issue, but by making seller and buyer come together through PM we have less issues with drive by posters using the site like Craigslist. That means he'd have been back by now, read the thread, answered some questions, posted the pics, put up his location, checked his PM's, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back