• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

shaker hood

sdmopar

Reaction score
Switching my flat hood to a shaker but have gone to a edlebrock 75761 air intake manifold and a quick fuel carb and curious if the shaker kit will have the clearance for the hood to close.

72 fishbone

Reaction score
Edelbrock Tech Note TECH NOTES: IMPORTANT A/B MEASUREMENTS
To ensure adequate hood clearance, check the height of your stock manifold and compare the "A" and "B" measurements against those of the Edelbrock manifold prior to purchase. The heights of all Edelbrock manifolds can bee seen on the Manifold Reference Dimensions page.
Please Note: To figure carburetor pad height, add dimensions "A" + "B" and divide by 2. For example: Performer manifold #2101: (A) 3.5" + (B) 4.6" ÷ 2 = 4.05"

ab-measurements.jpg Intake measurment directions.jpg

Edelbrock Intake Manifold Important A/B Measurements.

I am doing the same process but was thinking of using the torker 2 intake over the performer intake.

Edelbrock Performer RPM Manifold height: A-4.90", B-5.80"; Carb pad height: 5.35". Port exit dimensions: 1.13" x 2.09"?
Edelbrock Torker 2 Manifold height: A-3.75", B-4.60"; Carb pad height: 4.17". Port exit dimensions: 1.10" x 2.16"?
not sure if this will help but it's all the information I have found.
this was an answer that I received.
From a measurement standpoint only I would go with the Torker since its lower. You can then add the correct spacing.You want the bottom of the air intake grill to be the same level as the hoods edge. To high and it will get damaged when it moves and puts stress on the carb and mounts.
hope this helps

ab-measurements.jpg

Intake measurment directions.jpg

Back