• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shifter linkage adjustment.

Brownhenychallenger

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the e bodies forum Iam from Queensland Australia and own a brown 72 sunroof Challenger 727/340. I am having trouble wIth adjusting my shifterif I adjust one way I get no park with all gears go the other way can't pull into first but tranmission will shift into first from drive please help am starting to tear hair out.

Moparparts

Reaction score
Welcome with a rare Challenger. It sounds like you may have some incorrect shifter linkage pieces. Often times 70 E-Body pieces are mixed with 71-74 pieces during restorations as many people sell them as 70-74 and they will not interchange correctly this will cause adjustment problems or you may also have the incorrect lever on the trans where it connects to the valve body.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree , often the arm on the trans is the problem , it is a different length for the column shift

Brownhenychallenger

Reaction score
I think the lever on the box may be the problem as the 340 and 727 when bought were from an a body.Does anybody know if they are different and where I can get one if it is incorrect.

Moparparts

Reaction score
Many times it does not matter what body the trans came from it usually is the years that make a big difference. If you knew what size you needed i may have one i have about 10-15 different ones available

Back