• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Snatched this old guy....

mmissile

Reaction score
....from the jaws of death. I was returning home from PT, and saw this old guy stepping out of a field onto the right turn lane to a freeway. He was walking/hobbling into a busy 5-lane road with 60mph traffic. Thankfully, I stopped a bunch of cars and he came to me. I gotta feeling he was dumped. He has bad hips, and was very tired and hungry. We'll either find his home, or probably end up with him till his life quality is too bad. All he wants is attention and some lovin.

2n6ssyd.jpg

302qexv.jpg

Last edited:

js29

Reaction score
nice save and good thing some one who cared was there to come to the rescue he can't say thank you so i will thank you

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks, it was the humane thing that any human should do. He's crashed here, like he's always been here. My four Huskies are kinda nervous, as they've all been introduced one at a time as rescues. They don't seem to remember. I hope someone is missing him...as we called the local police depts.

moparleo

Reaction score
Take him to the local Animal shelter and have them scan him for a chip. My wife found a stray walking along the road and stopped to catch him. He had no collar. She took him to the shelter and they scanned him and found out he was chipped. He was over 500 miles away from home. Don't know how he got here. The shelter was able to furnish a name address and phone number of the prior owner as well as his vet records, shots etc... The prior owners said because of the distance that we could adopt him if we wanted. So we just had the chip info changed and he has a good home with 2 other rescues.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Good for you man! I miss having a dog, mine passed away about a year and a half ago. He was my best friend and I could never imagine abandoning him in his hours of need.

Bill

Reaction score
Good job! Give him a treat and tell him we said "Hi" and welcome to FEBO (lol).

mmissile

Reaction score
Well, this morning, after some good food, water, and a rest on a soft dog bed[in our kitchen]....he seems to be moving around better, and is wagging his tail at our pack of Huskies and us. If bend over to talk to him, he kisses ya. It's hard to say what's happened to him...but I have a few thoughts. My wife is taking him to the Vet's office in a few minutes.

ramenth

Reaction score
Nice save.

I feel for guys like that. They trust us as their masters, give us unconditional love, and then some people feel the need to betray all that.

mmissile

Reaction score
My wife sent a text from the vet's office. No chip...8ish...66lbs...running health tests and x-ray. He's "Jerry the dog" at this point.

mmissile

Reaction score
He's home. A bit of networking....they picked him up today. Glad he's okay and home. We really didn't need another orphan.

mmissile

Reaction score
Some old German guy, who told me his dog never runs away..............HELLO????? I just hope he's smart enough to put his tags on his collar, and shut his gates from now on. He didn't seem to grasp that 5 seconds of my travel[either earlier or later] and his dog would have been dead, and just disposed of by the county[no ID]. I did what I could.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You were in the right place at the right time, thankfully. It don't always happen like that.

Back