• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SO, what do you think?

reborn73

Reaction score
'73 Challenger, 340 completely stock and original.

110K miles and in super shape.

The question is..................

Since I am having the engine "freshened up", should I "warm" it up a bit and add some go fast parts to the internals???

I am keeping the car as close to OEM as possible and don't want to screw things up.

Canuck74

Reaction score
In the end it's going to be a pretty personal decision. *personal opinion* I think late model E bodies are often given the short end of the stick and modified too often, with their small blocks placed aside, billboard stripes put on etc. I think it's very unique to see and hear a stock factory motor and car as so few of them exist still from that era. Those are the ones I go to look at during show season.

Adam

Reaction score
'73 Challenger, 340 completely stock and original.

110K miles and in super shape.

The question is..................

Since I am having the engine "freshened up", should I "warm" it up a bit and add some go fast parts to the internals???

I am keeping the car as close to OEM as possible and don't want to screw things up.

Why not? the extra cost is minimal and the 73 340 was down on power/ compression from previous years...

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I would agree, warm it up a little without changing the appearance under the hood. I'm not a fan of headers at all but one thing I would do is find a pair of the earlier cast HP exhaust manifolds and stick the originals on the shelf. Only appearance change I'd make.

reborn73

Reaction score
It now has org. EVERYTHING under the hood. Thanks to a fellow member on here I have a set of cast exhaust manifolds for it instead of headers.

I am going with OEM on everything that I can find. For sure not going to change the appearance of the engine, just wanted opinions on giving it a little extra without going extreme. I pulled the engine to just make it easier to clean and paint. When I popped a freeze plug, it was completely full of YUK. Now is the time to do a rebuild, not that I want to, but it would be kinda dumb not to since it is already out.

Thanks for the input. I like the 68-70 spec idea.

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

Back