• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Start of the restoration of my 70 cuda

ronscuda

Reaction score
I have it all stripped down and getting ready to start the bodywork!!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

photo_001.jpg

photo_002.jpg

photo_003.jpg

photo_004.jpg

photo_005.jpg

photo_006.jpg

photo_007.jpg

ronscuda

Reaction score
by getting ready to do body work .. I mean getting ready for the blaster and paint

ronscuda

Reaction score
Thanks, I hear ya I am hoping for the best!! I have a little repair in the trunk by the rear exhaust bracket indent.. And I expect a little repair in the rockers but other then that I am keeping my fingers crossed. Here are a few more photos

photo_001.jpg

photo_002.jpg

photo_003.jpg

photo_004.jpg

photo_005.jpg

photo_006.jpg

ronscuda

Reaction score
I am gonna go with Sassy Grass Green as of right now!! Kinda torn a little bit about it. It is a lemon twist yellow car that has been painted orange. I am going as far as a rotisserie resto on it and I am having a hard time going with a color that doesn't match my fender tag.... But that green looks way better!!! Decisions, decisions :-/

IrishMaeve

Reaction score
You're a little further ahead of me... but I've just started on my '71 Cuda. Slightly overwhelming!!!

ronscuda

Reaction score
Slightly overwhelming is the understatement of the year!!! Lol... Man this is one of the coolest things I've done so far.. There is Something about getting to know every nut and bolt on your car!!! Finished my brackets to mount the car to the rotisserie. Got the car on the rotisserie and It didn't matter it was 1am, I rolled that car out into the drive and put it sideways!!!! Man that is fkn impressive!!! Luckily it went well and no catastrophe but I didn't set my rotisserie correct and that caused some issues but I will set it right tomorrow before I work on it... Here are some pics of it on the rotisserie but they are at 1am so kinda dark!! Now I can roll this thing out and clean up my work area!!!

photo_002.jpg

photo_003.jpg

photo_004.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Looks a little tight with the overhead door. lol

I've always loved rotisseries, especially when a car is on 'em and you have 'em sitting in the driveway/parking lot. Talk about something that will stop traffic as people stare at a car on it's side or upside down.

Switzer Aircraft used to be a big employer in my town until it was bought out by Sikorsky and shut down. We had my E-body on the rotisserie at my dad's shop. Had a helicopter hovering over the shop for a few minutes as the test pilots were checking out the car sitting outside, rolled on it's side. Damned funny at the time.

Bill

Reaction score
Nice! I built my rotisserie last summer for my Challenger. I recently took it off as I am done doing work under the car. I must say and have told many people that building that rotisserie and being able to flip the car on its side was one of the coolest fargin things I ever did in my life. It allowed me to do a good job on what needed to be done under the car. I hated taking it off because if there is anything I got to do under the car now needs to be done on my back.
Have fun and "Good luck"!
Bill (Vermont)

IrishMaeve

Reaction score
That is so cool! I have never seen a car on it's side as being a good thing before but that is fairly ingenious. And yeah, "slightly". Anybody around here who knows what they are doing as far as restoration goes wants my left lung, first born child, and 30 grand to help me with the project. It'll be interesting, no doubt in my mind!

ronscuda

Reaction score
Sure is a little tight in the garage!! Yeah It looks pretty impressive setting on its side. It's funny but my job has a lot to do with the auto show, and we put cars on walls and suspend them from truss work in the ceiling and pretty much anything else you can think of... But there was definitely a different feeling when it was my car in my drive way!!!! It was pretty exciting and it's funny when I do that stuff at work... There is no excitement about it, it is just part of the booth that has to be up before the show opens!! Don't get me wrong what I do at work is pretty cool but doing it with your own car is way cooler!!!

ronscuda

Reaction score
Thanks,

Good luck to you as well keep us updated on the progress... And definitely have fun with it

ronscuda

Reaction score
Keep giving it hell. I wish I new more about what I am doing as well, but I realize there are certain things that are just better left to the pro's. there are a few things I am having someone else do like the paint, trans, engine,rear end... But I will be installing everything that goes into the car myself and rebuilding everything else that I can, suspension, wiring, interior... " it's only parts right"... Lol!!! Good luck with your project.. Keep us updated on progress.. I know mine is going to take a couple years... This is not a cheap hobby and I am not rich so I will plug away as I can.. I just hope to have it sitting on its suspension in oct ??? But maybe not

ronscuda

Reaction score
Oh yeah, those doors are coming off today.... Gotta get those hinges in the mail.should be done taking everything off this weekend

ronscuda

Reaction score
More pics... Got the boy out there wrenching on it too.. Great father, son project!!

photo_001.jpg

photo_002.jpg

photo_004.jpg

photo_003.jpg

photo_005.jpg

photo_006.jpg

a68postcar

Reaction score
nice car man. i own a rot. also. it sure helps. good luck on the build, and have fun. welcome to the site and keep us posted on a regular basis. we love car ****.

Back