• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Start of the restoration of my 70 cuda

ronscuda

Reaction score
Pics

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

photo_001.jpg

photo_003.jpg

photo_004.jpg

photo_005.jpg

ronscuda

Reaction score
I should have driven it down Woodward today on the way to the blaster... I am sure I would have gotten more attention then I wanted...lol

ronscuda

Reaction score
More progress on the cuda. Is where the quarter panel meets the roof supposed to be like that with seam sealer??? Or does it look like a replacement panel.. Not to bad with rust. Might replace the trunk pan.

photo_001.jpg

photo_002.jpg

photo_003.jpg

photo_004.jpg

ronscuda

Reaction score
Would you say that looks like its been replaced or would that be how it would look from factory??

ronscuda

Reaction score
Looks like I will be replacing the trunk floor. And a few patches here and there but body is not to bad at all. Now if I could just make up my mind about the color!!

moparleo

Reaction score
If the pic you are showing is the top to quarter seam, I haven't seen one that looked that smooth and narrow. Usually like a seam on drywall would look like after you feathered the seam. Wide and shallow.

ronscuda

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know how much was removed. When they were blasting it.. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as its fixed right before any paint goes on.. I will post some pics of the problem areas

photo_001.jpg

photo_002.jpg

photo_003.jpg

photo_004.jpg

photo_005.jpg

photo_006.jpg

a68postcar

Reaction score
this car is really solid compared to the stuff i usually have to deal with. concider yourself lucky. what color was stock? not that it matters, but just curious.

a68postcar

Reaction score
now that i'm looking i see curious yellow but was that the original or a repaint color?

moparleo

Reaction score
An excellent looking combo. Yellow it turns out is my wifes favorite car color. I didn't find out until I brought my first 70 Cuda home. It was yellow, with black vinyl top, black bucket seat interior, ralley gauges, power windows and a/c. Front disc, front and rear sway bars, luggage rack on the trunklid and tinted dark. I found out the next day when she moved all her stuff into the car that I would have to find another one for me.

ronscuda

Reaction score
That's pretty funny.. I am not sure if I am going back to that color! I am not sure that it would help the resale value?? If I had a numbers matching engine then I could see it but I think even that doesn't really make a huge difference!! I have seen 440+6 clones go for near six figures and Hemi clones go into six figures and at the same time I have seen. Numbers matching 383 4bbl color correct cudas go for mid 50's??? So I have no idea what makes one more valuable then the other from a restoration standpoint but If I had a numbers matching color correct car and it sold for half of what a 318 car with a 440+6 In a non factory color .... I would be one very very unhappy camper... And that is really understating how I would feel!! Leo thanks for mentioning the rack on the trunk... I was looking at my deck lid yesterday when I got it back from getting blasted and it had about 6 circle patches and I was wondering WTF that was I knew a couple could have been a go wing but the rest did not make sense and now you just solved that mystery!!! Lol!! I haven't sent those hinges yet I needed to see what the damage was after the paint got stripped to make sure I didn't short myself on cash to get the body right but they will be coming your way.. I will actually be in LA late on the the 3rd of sept and I will be flying back home I will probably take the redeye home on the 5th. If this works for you maybe I can give you the hinges then and take them back with me ??? Not sure if that would even be possible or if it would even work for you but just thought I would mention it...

Racer57

Reaction score
It boggles my mind the work that some of you are willing to do to restore some of the cars that I've seen in these forums that should've been crushed decades ago due to their condition. BUT, for someone like me that doesn't have the needed autobody restoring skillset/patience trust me, its very much appreciated. Otherwise people like myself wouldn't have the cars that we do.

Last edited:

ronscuda

Reaction score
No problem with that I can drop it off to you on the 4th after I get done with work and pick it up on the 5th after work also.. I will be staying in Anaheim in between those dates so I could pick it up whenever is good for you.. I will be out in Chino on the 5th for most of the day but I am flying out of LAX so I will be in the area

Back