• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

temp creeps up at highway speeds

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
If you are going to an alum rad please mount it in rubber mounts , alum will not withstand the flexing for very long

John h

Reaction score
update:
I installed the radiator. bled the system and went for a drive. The temp was about 86 degrees and humid. as I was burping the system and adding 50/50 mix the temp of the coolant got up to 197* siting in the garage. when the system was burped and full I capped it and went for a drive. As soon as I was on the road the temps came down to 180*. I drove the same roads and exact same speeds I would drive after each flush. the car got to 186* and locked in. Even on the freeway at 75MPH and close to 4K rpm the temp never went above 188* as soon as I was back down to 65 MPH the temp went to 186* Fast forward to today. I did another test drive because it was 89 and humid. the coolant temp locked in at 186* and never moved Higher a couple of times it went lower but basically its normal temp is 186* in 2 test drives and around 100 miles driven, I'm ready to say PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks Chris at Cold case.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.
John

fasjac

Reaction score
Nice!! Cruise on, you’re good. Glad you got her fixed.

Back