• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Thermoquad help

transman

Reaction score
Well, I've finally got almost all of the issues with my Thermoquad fixed. Once warmed up, it runs just fine.
The only problem I'm having now is with the fast idle. To engage or disengage the fast idle, I've got to manually move the fast idle screw up or down as required. It seems to me that the linkage is very tight. I say this, as I've got a parts carb and the linkage moves very easily.
My question to the group is: There appears to be a large slotted screw(on the drivers side) that holds the fast idle linkage to the base of the carb. On my parts carb, I've used a penetrating oil on it, and it still won't budge. I turned it counter-clockwise. I don't want to force this screw(?) as it might damage something, and I sure don't want to start to do anything on the carb thats mounted on the car. Is this screw moveable, and if it is, how do you do it? Is there a special tool needed? Any help much appreciated.

Back