• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Throttle Spring getting stuck

MyCuda72

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone know of a good heavy duty throttle return spring? The one I have has a tendency to get stuck open and overworks my brakes unless I press the pedal down to get it to return. Thanks.

Throttle Spring.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
Generic springs are available at most auto parts stores. Use two. Or you can upgrade to Lokar's set up.

Lokar SRK-4000 - Lokar Throttle Cable Brackets & Springs

moparleo

Reaction score
In your picture, you have the kick down bracket mounted solidly to the carb. This is incorrect. Look at the pictures that I sent you. They show the correct way to mount the return springs and the linkages. That is why I sent the pictures. The other links were for the correct tension springs.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
With taller intakes the kickdown linkage will not be long enough to push the linkage all the way back unless you put a bolt into the slide as he has or weld an extension into the linkage , if you remove the bolt & the trans will burn up .
you should Always run more than spring in case it breaks you can run another spring to the rear from the bottom of the throttle lever back to the cable support often this will work better .

Back