• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Time for some help, getting ready for Motorhead Garage

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
I have spoke to them 3 times today, they told me the plan and that it would take 6 months to finish the work. They said they planned to do a full rebuild. Then i got a call late tonight saying I need to call the other producer tomorrow because he has concerns about the liability of having my car that long. So i don't know what's going on, the first person I talked to said it was a done deal, and then i get the late call tonight. I don't know what's going on, but it's making me very nervous.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Just tell them not to take 6 months, do they have a bunch of amateurs over their?

Bill

Reaction score
I got to thinking about this thread today and wondered what's the latest with this project???

340challconvert

Reaction score
That's kool, I'll play! When I think of the ideal E-body drivetrain from the factory I think 340 six pak with a 4 spd and I like my cars old school for the most part. You can keep your fuel injection and your new hemis. I would personally go for a new small block crate motor made to appear vintage with correct cast HP exhaust manifolds and a six pak set-up built for some serious RPMs and then back that up with a 5 spd(that's acceptable to me) and a 3.91 or 4.10 ratio out back. Fast ratio steering of some sort, again I would want it to appear stock and big disc brakes all the way around.
Proper looking 70 or 71 rallye wheels but they could be 16" with some nice meats on them. Stock appearing interior with original Rallye gauges.
I may think of more but that's the direction I think I'd go.

This would be my way of thinking. Build up a "original" looking small block, 6pk carbs, improve the braking (4 wheel disc) and steering (fast ratio box and arms) and stiffen up the suspension. If you go with modern wheels, get the 16" rallye wheels, and the 5 speed tremac would be cool. If you wanted a little more power, you could have them build a small block stroker for additional torque and horsepower, but keep the "stock" look.
Everybody and their mother builds and fits new style hemi's into ebody's these days. Build something cool, up-grade the essentials and it will be a sleeper!
Dino2 (1).gif

Back