• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Took a 2,000 mile road trip

DetMatt1

Reaction score
A few pics of the Imp at the house and one in Woodstock. After this trip it now has over 147,000 miles on it and the bottom end has never been apart. I had a set of 915s rebuilt with bigger exhaust valves a few years ago and at the same time put a new cam in it, etc... The cam more closely resembles the one found in the 375 horse version of the 440. When I pulled it apart I was expecting to find a worn timing chain because I was having some drivability issues with it and all the valve seals had crumbled and were scattered about the top of the heads. I just figured it was time for a new top end. It turned out to not even need a new timing chain and the original nylon tooth cam gear was still perfect! The whole problem was a worn fuel pump pushrod that ended up being over a quarter inch shorter by the time I finally figured it out. I could've put new valve seals in it and kept driving for who knows how long. I will say though that the engine upgrades are nice.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back