• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Took a 2,000 mile road trip

DetMatt1

Reaction score
In my '67 Imperial. The car ran flawlessly, got an average of 13 mpg, used less than a quart of oil and oh yeah, I married my soulmate in the process!

image.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
Congratulations Matt! You've got a very nice looking catch there. Is she a Mopar girl? Dig the Mopar "M"

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thanks gents! She isn't really a car girl at all but she likes that I'm a car guy and enjoys the occasional show and really enjoys road trips in the classics. We took the Imp to Carlisle a couple of years ago and both the Imp and the Challenger on several long weekend trips here in the great state of MI.
I helped build the house below and became good friends with the owner in the process so this is where we had the ceremony. It's in the Hudson Valley in upstate NY and I've really grown to love that area over the years. Jeannie came out there last year with me when I was out there doing some work on the house and she ended up loving it as much as I do.
Unfortunately the place is for sale because my buddy moved from NYC to LA and he can no longer use it as the weekend house it was intended to be.
It was a small private ceremony with her 2 sons, there wife and gf and one of my local friends and it was perfect.
image.jpeg

jimbyr

Reaction score
Congratulations, all the best. What could be better than finding your soul mate and Mopars

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Congrats Indeed Matt !! I remember meeting you and your then Bride to be in Carlisle a few years ago.
Nice you could make another long trip with the C Body !

DJ1967Dart

Reaction score
Congrats Matt! If you are ever in the Hudson valley again on a Wednesday you should take your Mopar to the bear mountain car show. Always a large turnout of Mopars. Last time I went I met the owner of the hemi charger from graveyard cars. He was as nice as his car and even let my son sit in the front seat. Let me know if you'll be in the area again and I'll meet you there with my challenger. Good luck on the marriage!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Congrats Matt! If you are ever in the Hudson valley again on a Wednesday you should take your Mopar to the bear mountain car show. Always a large turnout of Mopars. Last time I went I met the owner of the hemi charger from graveyard cars. He was as nice as his car and even let my son sit in the front seat. Let me know if you'll be in the area again and I'll meet you there with my challenger. Good luck on the marriage!
Wow, some nice lookin cars there! Where's that in relation to Rhinebeck? I was itching a couple of times in those 2 weeks for an organized event.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Congrats Indeed Matt !! I remember meeting you and your then Bride to be in Carlisle a few years ago.
Nice you could make another long trip with the C Body !
Thanks Mitch! We are very happy. You know we haven't so much as looked at each other sideways since we've known each other. I didn't think that was possible and it's the best!

DJ1967Dart

Reaction score
Wow, some nice lookin cars there! Where's that in relation to Rhinebeck? I was itching a couple of times in those 2 weeks for an organized event.

Just southwest from Rhineback across the Hudson, an easy drive - it lies a few miles down river (south) from West Point.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Just southwest from Rhineback across the Hudson, an easy drive - it lies a few miles down river (south) from West Point.
Damn, I should have asked around. Last year I was there for the big show and swap in the spring but I wasn't driving a classic for that trip. In fact I went to the swap meet on Friday and never made it to the show on Saturday or Sunday. I'm sure We'll be back There again, we love it and I've made some friends in the area over the years.

Back