• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trunk pan

budascuda

Reaction score
Can someone tell me whats the difference between a 70 and a 71 cuda trunk pans?

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
I believe it is the location of the shock access plugs. 70, they are on top of the shock, 71 they are to the rear of the shock. Many restored cars have had the wrong pan put in..

You can see the two pans at autometaldirect.com

Sorry, I read the op as “trunk” pan for some reason.

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
The 70 front floor pans seem to have a small extra flange up near the door jamb.

budascuda

Reaction score
Thanks very much Adam, no need to apologize, the mistake was mine, I did mean trunk pan.
If you had the option of using an nos 71 pan instead of a reproduction 70 pan, which one would you choose, knowing that the car is not going to be built for authenticity.
Thanks again.

Adam

Reaction score
I would use the 71 pan because the rear shock bolts are horizontal, running front to back, and easy to reach behind the plug.

If that 71 pan is a one piece, you may have to remove the tail panel, or cut off a corner....

Look at the “How much rust is too Much” thread in the body shop forum. There is some discussion on trunk floors and braces you might find useful.

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
I actually kept up with the posts in " how much is too much" last week and I believe that one piece pan is the way to go, if I remember correctly, you came up with a great way to get a full pan in without removing the tail panel, Adam, kudos for the gymnastics, I would never have thought it possible, It looked good.

Back