• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trying to pick a Steering rack, want opinions

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
I am looking for a steering rack to go on my 73 Challenger with a HDK cross member setup (mustang II style) and need opinions on what USA made brands folks have had good results from as well as suggestions on “power vs manual”? The car is getting a 604 all Aluminum Hemi and the car has a fiberglass hood so the front weight shouldn’t end up that bad. The car will be driven on the street as well as ran down the 1320 and has MT Sportsman S/R 28x6-15 front tires. I want a nice cruiser with the simplest setup but don't want to fight the steering wheel if I don't need have to.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Mine is a flaming River manual Mustang II style rack. With the weight of my Hemi. It steers just fine.

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
Mine is a flaming River manual Mustang II style rack. With the weight of my Hemi. It steers just fine.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. On another note I'm about to get my mini tub job going and I would like to run some of the things by you as yours is mini tubbed also. Maybe pm you to keep it private?

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
It's an AlterKation (RMS).

20150920_190437.jpg

20150922_184259 (002).jpg

20150922_184314 (002).jpg

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
It does not have a part number on it anywhere.
Thanks for checking. I have the Chinese piece of junk rack that came with my cross member kit so I can cross reference that for specs and I'll get a hold of Flaming River to get their input on Monday. No import parts on my Mopar! Have a good weekend.

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
I have also mini tubbed many Mopars if I can help .
Thanks for the offer. I should be starting next weekend as the body shop called the other day and said they should get my quarter skins on either Thursday or Friday this week. We'll see...

IMG_6721.JPG

IMG_6720.JPG

Back