• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Turn Signal Issue

DALTON

Reaction score
on my '70 AAR, I have lost my turn signals and brake lights. The 4 ways are working properly. I replaced the flasher relay and that did nothing. When the 4 ways are engaged, if I activate the turn signal, all 4 lights freeze in the on position...still no brake lights. When the hazards are off, if I activated the turn signal, all I get are the lights on the side of the car that should
be blinking, frozen in the on position. No brake lights in either situation. I would go right to the brake light switch but, they all went out at the same time! No blown fuses either.
I'll take any advise you all have! Thanks!

moparleo

Reaction score
Turn signal switch in the column supplies power to the lights including brake lights. Just because you should anyway, go through all of your connections ant the bulk head and light bulb sockets . Clean with a brass brush in the sockets and s/s in the rest. After cleaning, coat all connections with dielectric grease. this will save a lot of grief in the future.
Here is a good reference for other electrical problems that might crop up. Please read and file.
Vintage Chrysler electrical repairs and updates
Turn Signal Switch for 1970-1974 MoPar E-Body | eBay

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
moparleo is correct
I had the same issue with an RT Challenger I owned years ago; no brake lights. Took it to the dealer, he changed the turn signal switch; Instant brake lights.

Back