• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Weiand manifold 1971 chall 383

Ralph

Reaction score
Anyone using the Weiand intake nostalgia series manifold 8008wnd for a street performance car about 350 horse, lunati cam 702, 4 speed car, 650 quick fuel and 3.91 gears. Engine builder tells me it makes no power.

I would be using the edelbrock performer rpm but the height probably will not clear the shaker / hood issue. I ordered one to check fit but by the dimensions it is too tall.

I could use the edelbrock performer but I am looking for more of a stock look.

Weind action plus 8008wnd 383 mopar.jpg

Ralph

Reaction score
Got it. Hard to find.

Anyone use the Weiand intake ?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It probably doesn't make any more power than a stock intake. It will be lighter and it will have a better heat dispersion over the iron intake. I have never used this Weiand. You can modify and lower the shaker for the taller intake. It takes some cutting and welding. The baseplate and support brackets need modified.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I believe I did use it on one build a long time ago but I don't recall much about it .
If you can find a Holley Street Dominator intake they are one of the best & are not a lot taller & could probably be made to work

Ralph

Reaction score
OK, will look into this.

Thanks for the comments.

Ralph

Reaction score
challenger6pak, anymore information as what was cut and how it was done to lower the shaker. Been looking at it and it seems if I cut the inner section of the center plate I could flatten it out a bit and gain a 1/4 to 3/8 easy.

Let me know.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
often you can mill 3/8 " or more from the top of the intake where the carb mounts

Ralph

Reaction score
Ok, so I have two ways to go, still like to know about shaving the shaker.

I guess any local machine shop can mill the top of the intake

Ralph

Reaction score
Found this article about how to cut down a shaker see # 28 - thought I would post should anyone else need it.

Attachments

• shaker modifications page 7.pdf
    136.5 KB · Views: 166

PlumCraZRT

Reaction score
Not sure what "no power" means, but that intake should be plenty for the cam you have. The 702 cam I see is pretty mild, (226 @ 0.050", <0.50" lift). I'm making 500hp with that intake on a 451 with factory port Stealth heads.

Ralph

Reaction score
Decided to go with the edelbrock performer rpm and I cut down the shaker base a 1/2 inch.

thanks for the comments.

Ralph

Reaction score
According to the engine builder - yes.

Motor is out for performance rebuild so I will see how it runs when its back. I also bought the weiand in case I cannot work out the height problems.

Back