• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What are the best carburetor for a 540 Hemi.?

donnylafave

Reaction score
I want to get carbs that r not Holley. Edelbrock and carter are good, but don't know any that will fit in a 540 hemi 2nd gen. I am aiming at 700 or 800hp. Do they still make Carter Carbs. It's going to be in a E body mopar.
Initiative Q NUTRA THRIVE Noom Diet Plan

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
Look at the new fuel injection set ups. Carbs really can’t compete anymore. The difficulty of correctly setting the choke, the needle & seat, the idle mixture, the jet sizes etc... all eliminated with F.I. Especially with multiple carbs.

Plus carbs tend to dry out if not driven regularly.

mmissile

Reaction score
You can buy large Edelbrock afb's. With this new fuel/alcohol that ya gotta buy....... You gotta make sure to run the car with efi. I let my 6.4 sit for a year, and the injectors were sticking. We just swapped them all out.
We had the ignition on for some other work, and it started filling one bank of the exhaust. Big flame and backfire out of the tail-pipe. The oil was also fuel-polluted. So now, I have to keep injector cleaner in it, and run it once a month.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have had great success with dual Edelbrock 750''s on my street Hemi's. They love the CFM. Currently I have twin 1050 Dominator's on my 528" race Hemi engine.

Back