• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What do you guys think of this car? 1972 Cuda

BakoGuy

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been searching for a Plymouth muscle car for awhile now. Was wondering what you guys think of this car for sale?
1972 Plymouth Barracuda Cuda 340 4spd

Vin: BH23G2B420401
Yeah it may not be matching numbers (doesn't matter to me), it's an original V8 4-speed from the factory though. Underbody spray looks like a bad job, interior looks decent though. Not a big fan of the yellow, but can always paint it later. I am concerned about the surface rust below the brake reservoir, that looks a little sketchy.

So, judging from these pictures do you guys think it's worth the asking price? Assuming it runs and drives good, not a bondo bucket, good engine compression, decent drive train, etc?

Thanks!

AUSTA

Reaction score
Welcome,
I would get a lot be pics of that area could be the brake fluid has just taken the paint off
Seems to be quite a leak
it would have travel down along the chassis rail as well if the fluid has gotten into the suspension all the rubbers will be gooey & need replacing.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Of course a closer inspection is always warranted but if everything checks out to be good I think you sure ry to get the seller closer to 20K.

Adam

Reaction score
Before you make an offer go look at it in person; check that trunk pan and under side of the car. The truck bed liner or undercoat that they sprayed in the trunk could be hiding a rotten trunk pan.

BakoGuy

Reaction score
Before you make an offer go look at it in person; check that trunk pan and under side of the car. The truck bed liner or undercoat that they sprayed in the trunk could be hiding a rotten trunk pan.

Thanks for the ideas everyone, Adam I was actually thinking the same thing about the spray hiding rust. I was going to use a screw handle and lightly hit around on the surface, listen for hallow type sounds. What would you suggest?

Adam

Reaction score
I would bring a good light and get under that car for a good look. Pin holes or rust craters in the floor pan will be hard to spot on top, unless the spray is flaking... and underneath you will know if the floor was patched with old license plates, fiberglass, etc.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
looks like a great driver.
in the end its still a 318 car.
under 20k

Cudafever

Reaction score
that trunk mate sure look like it was just tossed in there to hide something.
My first E-Body was a 73 cuda that had a bungee cord that when from the leaf spring to the trunk latch. the only thing in the trunk was the gas tank and straps that held in it place!!!!
That wrinkled up trunk mate could hide a lot of that!!!!!

340challconvert

Reaction score
As others have said, nice looking driver. Do your due diligence and check out the problem areas: trunk floor, floor pan especially on front drivers side and fire wall. If the spent most of it's life in California, it shouldn't be too bad. Don't forget to examine the vinyl roof for rust bubbles that could be hiding problems.
That is top dollar for a 318 car with a non matching engine. If he comes down a little on price, it could be a decent deal. Just my thoughts and good luck on your decision!
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

js29

Reaction score
I don't believe that is an original 4-speed car, it's missing the reverse warning lamp on the dash next to the ashtray.

Back