• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What else are you guys working on?

wedg2go

Reaction score
I'm surprise this thread hasn't been "Bumped" more considering current conditions? No money, no projects? Yikes!!!

I have one. I am rebuilding the carburetor on my other American classic.

Another 6 months of ordering and reordering carb pieces.

LOL!

Adam

Reaction score
I was waiting for the weather to warm up, but unfortunately I am/have been in the process of moving across the state. My trucks are there, and soon my Challenger will be too. Fortunately my new place has two shop buildings and no neighbors! Since I have the room, I am thinking about a two post lift vs a four post lift, and maybe a gantry crane instead of a cherry picker.

wedg2go

Reaction score
A lift!? Yeah, my days of "Creeping Under The Undercarriage" are long gone. Having a lift is great!

plymouth67

Reaction score
Pulled the rearend apart on the Challenger...rebuilt the carburetor on the Challenger. Pulled the trans out of the boys A body and went through it and put a new converter in it.

20200321_213344.jpg

50087.jpeg

20200222_094027.jpg

20200222_094116.jpg

wedg2go

Reaction score
What is your ceiling height and how well do they both fit?

My ceiling height is 13-6. In my case, my garage door bracket from the track slide to door was the problem, since my garage is shorter. It was at 10-6 from the bend of the bracket to the finished slab. I had that remedied with a side mount garage door opener. No overhead track, bracket or motor. So now, from the garage door face to finished slab, is around 11-6. Plenty of room. There is a useful calc here - Ceiling Height Calculator - Direct Lift

As far as fit? Most of the time during long term storage, my '68 Mustang is on the runway of the lift. My Challenger is below (except when I need it in the air to work on it). It's easy to run the Mustang between the post and up on the runway since width on this car is not a factor. The Challenger? I'll admit, I get nervous since it's wider. I'm still a good 10" - each side - from inside cables, running up the post, to the factory fold in the sheet metal on the side of the car. I strung benchmark ribbons, to clear the roof of the car at each end of the lift, to assist in parking either car tdc. It helps! Once everything is in place and the covers are on, it's great.

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Sometimes it’s easier to just take em off and go through carbs. Car hasn’t rung up a lot of miles but, it’s been together since 09-10. I couldn’t get the center carb to react by adjusting. So, any ways have a lot of time.

BF58F5FC-6119-4F68-AA06-877E1707DBB7.jpeg

0D9DA5B0-62A0-480A-9A52-8597AC079C91.jpeg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I"m working on a 64 lincoln continental. I put it up for sale back in January, and literally the next day the thing wouldn't start. Been in the family 25 plus years and always starts. I get the feeling it doesn't wanna go anywhere.
So now, I've rebuilt the carb, new fuel pump, new rubber all over the motor and now it won't run. So I'm replacing the rubber fuel lines. Not a lot of them. Hopefully that is why it won't hold pressure in the new fuel pump.
It's taken me forever to get parts. First it's the parts store, then it's the wrong rebuild kit, then buy a whole new rebuild kit for just a dash pot cup from the east coast. weeks to get here. then the fuel pump, specific rebuilder. Weeks to get here. this thing is driving me crazy as I want to work on my barracuda but my one garage bay is taken up by a ferd. well a lincoln anyway. Still! driving me crazy.

100_7666.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
Yep, a keeper for sure. One of the most sophisticated cars of its time. Especially the convertible.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Wish I could say my Dart. Do need to get back to it. Has been toooo long.

I took up Flintknapping about 8 years ago. A lot of my free time goes to that anymore.

flintknapping is basically turning rocks into arrowheads and knives and stuff like that. Has been a fun and interesting hobby and also frustrating at times but I like it.

12237A23-143B-448C-A6D3-EC726C4D18B6.jpeg

33EE3D1B-D130-42A3-9D11-60384520940D.jpeg

F176994E-30B3-41C7-93FF-E28372D12AEE.jpeg

80CE7806-F180-4F5E-8247-BCA8CFCA331C.jpeg

F803495F-DDE7-440D-9A49-06ABBFAB94EF.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score

I took up Flintknapping about 8 years ago. A lot of my free time goes to that anymore.

flintknapping is basically turning rocks into arrowheads and knives and stuff like that. Has been a fun and interesting hobby and also frustrating at times but I like it.

View attachment 70478

View attachment 70479

View attachment 70480

View attachment 70481

View attachment 70482
Holy cow, that’s damned impressive!:thumbsup:

moparlee

Reaction score

View attachment 70478

View attachment 70479

View attachment 70480

View attachment 70481

View attachment 70482
Wow, those are beautiful! It must take a lot of patience and careful chipping to keep you from having to start all over.

wedg2go

Reaction score
Burntorange70 – absolutely beautiful work! Do you ever sell or set-up any of your workmanship for public display?

The hobby of Flintknapping by burntorange70 reminded me of the movie I watched last night titled “Alpha”. Set 20,000 years ago in Europe depicting a fictional approach to domesticating wolves by a Cro-Magnon tribe. The movie tied into the Flintknapping with the tribe's young men and their abilities to bring silica stone to a spearhead. The storyline was a little over the top and the cgi was rudementry, but worth - I believe – the time to watch. Especially, if you appreciate today's k-9s.

BTW – Last summer, when our detached garage was being built, the son, of the builder, would hangout after work on our property looking for arrowheads/spearheads. He would usually find 3 or 4 a day for about a week. Some were a stretch to believe they were arrowheads. Others, without a doubt.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
wedg2go, I have hung out on your property before there were any houses there and found several arrowheads and one great spearhead. That was a good arrowhead property before it's development. Still is, but only in little sections now.

wedg2go

Reaction score
Cuda Hunter - I guess it was my understanding, that there was a long term tribe encampment adjacent to the foothills north of us prior to the European discovery of this land? In fact the whole area, around the foothills, is said to had/have a large quantity of arrowheads and spearheads, but no one knows much about other artifacts. Most of it is private property now that is met with force if caught trespassing.

Back