• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What else are you guys working on?

budascuda

Reaction score
Burntorange70, amazing workmanship.
I have not seen an Obsidian (?) arrowhead that was as well chippedout as yours. Phenomenal .
And... your hands don't appear to show the type of injuries associated with that kind of work. Amazing!

budascuda

Reaction score
I"m working on a 64 lincoln continental. I put it up for sale back in January, and literally the next day the thing wouldn't start. Been in the family 25 plus years and always starts. I get the feeling it doesn't wanna go anywhere.
So now, I've rebuilt the carb, new fuel pump, new rubber all over the motor and now it won't run. So I'm replacing the rubber fuel lines. Not a lot of them. Hopefully that is why it won't hold pressure in the new fuel pump.
It's taken me forever to get parts. First it's the parts store, then it's the wrong rebuild kit, then buy a whole new rebuild kit for just a dash pot cup from the east coast. weeks to get here. then the fuel pump, specific rebuilder. Weeks to get here. this thing is driving me crazy as I want to work on my barracuda but my one garage bay is taken up by a ferd. well a lincoln anyway. Still! driving me crazy.

View attachment 70477

Hey Cuda Hunter, is it a 4100 you are rebuilding?
They are good, perhaps one of the better carbs ever made, they work best after Ford used a wedged shape spacer/heater under them (after 1962), they won't flood that way.
But he most unique thing about them is that you can take the top plate off and see/adjust the carb while the engine is running, hot dam....

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Cuda Hunter - I guess it was my understanding, that there was a long term tribe encampment adjacent to the foothills north of us prior to the European discovery of this land? In fact the whole area, around the foothills, is said to had/have a large quantity of arrowheads and spearheads, but no one knows much about other artifacts. Most of it is private property now that is met with force if caught trespassing.

Pinion hills has lots of arrowheads. The indians camped there due to no snow in the winter. Warmest place in the valley. All along the north side of 291 were encampments. the oldest spear point I have found in Chaffee is about 7500 years old. Lodaska as I recall. Most of them are under 1000 years but there are some in between. This valley is rich with arrowheads. If you jump over to san luis valley there are lots of paleo finds. Mostly folsom finds but a few CLOVIS finds.
Maybe I'll pull out the arrowheads and show ya some.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Hey Cuda Hunter, is it a 4100 you are rebuilding?
They are good, perhaps one of the better carbs ever made, they work best after Ford used a wedged shape spacer/heater under them (after 1962), they won't flood that way.
But he most unique thing about them is that you can take the top plate off and see/adjust the carb while the engine is running, hot dam....

It's an ev3e carter 9510-e.
It has always been a good carb. I broke one of the brass tabs on top of the primary drivers side venturi and I'm having hell finding a replacement. I mean it seems impossible. Even on the lincoln forums I can't get any love.
Replaced the little bit of fuel lines. the rear two that were 6" going into the tank were rotted so I am attributing the lack of the fuel pump being able to hold fuel to those pieces being cracked and letting air in.
Now I am replacing the fuel sending unit. Another few weeks of that car sitting in my garage. :BangHead::BangHead:

wedg2go

Reaction score
I am currently working on a shoebox (4100). As budascuda mentioned easy carburetor to deal with. One piece body with the ability to set the floats or change jets on the engine. In my case, it was time to thoroughly give it a good cleaning.
20200420_154013_copy_800x450.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
Done and all good. Now what to do? Oh, the vette needs a headlamp motor.
On it. Since the ‘cuda is getting door and a few other things fixed up at the body shop.

71040931-BBA0-4B5E-BB57-4B7FC5529B0F.jpeg

budascuda

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Cuda Hunter, I tried to have a look at a picture of the carb but can't make it out clearly. It is not impossible to rig something or repair it, is it?
And for the arrowheads, i for one would love to see some.
I had to take a few electives in college to meet the requirements, one was physical anthropology, one component of the course was to make one of the tools that was used by H habilis. I made arrowheads with well defined patterns of the "bulb of percussion" .It was a great course and the only one which I sustained repeated injuries in. Lol
Oh yes, after that course, i became certain beyond a shadow of doubt that we did NOT come from monkeys,
I have IRREFUTABLE evidence!

burntorange70

Reaction score
Thanks all. It did take quite some time to learn. I do work obsidian quite a bit. It is a beautiful material that can have a lot of cool translucent patterns that are neat. It chips easy but is a brittle unforgiving material. One wrong move and it shatters.

I do sell my work locally through a store and set up at different events with a local art group.

I got interesting after finding points in my local area. Just wanted to know how they did it at first. Then it just kind of took off from there.

DE4CBB6C-DC5E-4E36-9FF4-B198B1D44031.jpeg

85768BB6-2D59-4A45-B0B1-16332878F05F.jpeg

EB270B65-B509-47D7-B4B9-97E6F3A4C5E0.jpeg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
No rigging this thing up. I would have to braze a new one on to the broken off part. I've not done that. And it appears to work without it. You can see the round brass ring on top of the venturi. The piece stuck up off of that about 1/2" and sticks through the top of the top plate of the carb.
I'm just trying to find that specific numbered venturi in the other picture. But it has to be for the drivers side as it has that little 90* piece on it. It's proving to be a very difficult part to find.

20200315_213106.jpg

20200315_213112 (1).jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
And for the arrowheads, i for one would love to see some.

We'll have to get together sometime after this whole quarantine and I'll be glad to show them off. I mean, I didn't make them type show off. Just found em.

today i got to show off a few to some friends who stopped by my place.
A Clovis point and an Ishi point. I found the clovis and the wife found the Ishi in my foot step. The clovis has a broken tang, but is the most complete clovis I have found in about 30 years of looking for one. My gramps name was Clovis, hence the search.the clovis is petrified wood.

And one pic of a tyrannosaurus tooth, Albertosaurus to be exact. I collected that and pieced it back together.

20200420_220706.jpg

20200420_220722.jpg

20200420_220750.jpg

20200420_220800.jpg

20200420_220817.jpg

20200420_220659.jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
you know the part well and I am sure you have explored all the options but If I see it correctly, why not remove the stump of the brass tube and stick a new tube in there? That way you don't need to braze anything. I hope you don't mind my suggestion, just trying to help if I can.
Good luck.....

budascuda

Reaction score
We'll have to get together sometime after this whole quarantine and I'll be glad to show them off. I mean, I didn't make them type show off. Just found em.

today i got to show off a few to some friends who stopped by my place.
A Clovis point and an Ishi point. I found the clovis and the wife found the Ishi in my foot step. The clovis has a broken tang, but is the most complete clovis I have found in about 30 years of looking for one. My gramps name was Clovis, hence the search.the clovis is petrified wood.

And one pic of a tyrannosaurus tooth, Albertosaurus to be exact. I collected that and pieced it back together.

View attachment 70503

View attachment 70504

View attachment 70505

View attachment 70506

View attachment 70507

View attachment 70508

They are FINE museum pieces.
The Clovis point still has blood on it, lol, I think it really could have, the fibers would retain bio matter.
Now the other two abnormally sharp heads might be new, never used, (nos). The reason I say that is that they are very intricate and still have very sharp tips, very sharp!
And the tooth, well that's it's own epoch and it's own story.
Thanks very much for showing us these pieces from your collection Cuda Hunter

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Well, the brass piece that comes up has multiple holes in it and is not just a straight brass piece. That's a good idea though. I'll consider that. If I could figure out how to get the tube out of another venturi that would work. I assume I could just drill out the broken piece but not sure how to get another piece out of another venturi.
I hadn't really gone that route in my mind yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
The Ishi was found where very few people ever go. In the great sand dunes before it was a national monument. BEFORE it was a national monument. Just saying. It was legal to collect there at one time. Now it's illegal to pick up trash in the park that is older than 50 years. I've asked the proper authorities there about this stuff.
Look up the ISHI people. They were the last wild tribe in America. Cool stories. They provided us with the knowledge of how to make these fine tools.

acudanut

Reaction score
I have been restoring M-151 Jeeps (Vietnam era. They made these from 1960-1988). Until the Hummer took over. I am always looking for another one of these jeeps. PM me if you have one or know of one for sale in the KC area or ???

fasjac

Reaction score
2001 Corvette I bought for my wife new. She also thinks she’s in control of the ‘Cuda. I didn’t get talked to for a week when I drug up the mopar. After two years I could have made 22K profit. She tells me it not for sale. Lol because she knew I would be right on another E Body

C78E0559-EF2E-4A82-A6A5-375D6B6AB663.jpeg

85621351-2885-47D5-9B0E-E67DF942652C.jpeg

C12DE657-22AB-465C-84B0-21711EF7BD75.jpeg

Last edited:
Back