• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What feeds the LPS and instrument buss

flamesoldier

Reaction score
I have no power to the instrument and LPS buss, the wiring diagram shows one orange goes to ignition switch connector and one goes to radio connector. The tan shows it goes to panel light dimmer switch. What powers this terminal?

IMG_9923.jpeg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Looks very similar to my 1970. In my case it'd be from the Panel Dimmer Switch (tan wire). Those dimmers are a known problem. I'd look there if I were you.

Color Rallye wiring2(crop1).png

flamesoldier

Reaction score
Looks very similar to my 1970. In my case it'd be from the Panel Dimmer Switch (tan wire). Those dimmers are a known problem. I'd look there if I were you.

View attachment 124638
That is a sweet diagram inhave a 1972 where do inget one of those or if you can send me photo of whole diagram that would be awesome. Also do you know what these 2 wires are for?

IMG_9922.jpeg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
The whole diagram. I'll look for those two when I have more time. Challenger RTA is our resident electrical guru, maybe he'll chime in.

Color Rallye wiring1.png

Color Rallye wiring2.png

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Before you go tearing into every thing. You could have a bad dimmer sw. Check for power on both sides of the fuse. Then remove light panel and clean where I show the rust. Apply dielectric grease. The screw on the light panel are the final ground.

flamesoldier

Reaction score
Before you go tearing into every thing. You could have a bad dimmer sw. Check for power on both sides of the fuse. Then remove light panel and clean where I show the rust. Apply dielectric grease.
I actually read a huge article and yes dimmer switch is shot, ordered and new one 🙏🏻 thank you

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I actually read a huge article and yes dimmer switch is shot, ordered and new one 🙏🏻 thank you
You have time until you get it. I would remove light panel and clean. It will save you some PMS. No the other kind. Naval Term, Periodic maintenance System.

Last edited:

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Also do you know what these 2 wires are for?
I looked around and couldn't find them. I take it that one is solid yellow and one is solid dark blue and they're somewhere above the pedals. Please correct me if my specifics are wrong.

flamesoldier

Reaction score
I looked around and couldn't find them. I take it that one is solid yellow and one is solid dark blue and they're somewhere above the pedals. Please correct me if my specifics are wrong.
Solid blue and solid light green they look like the connect to a/c heater controller on the back

flamesoldier

Reaction score
Do you know where the front fender indicators connect to also? Or have a pic where they connect into

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Top left. It is not shown in most diagrams. The color one is for a Valiant. I is easier to see.
1716726047952.png
1716727207057.jpeg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Most of the diagrams are in general the same from year to year. There are differences such as California cars or accessories add or deleted.
1716726778468.jpeg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
As I said it may or my not show accessories. If everything was shown it would be a lot more complex.

Last edited:
Back