• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What rims should I put on my Challenger?

Trevor Challenger

Reaction score
I have a 1971 Challenger convertible and I'm having a hard time deciding what rims I should put on it. I like the looks of the Keystone Classics that are on it now but they are really beat so I could go with something else. Any suggestions?

Adam

Reaction score
Torque Thrust 2; They are very similar to the factory wheels on the new generation Challenger "Classic." "Heritage wheels" Old school retro looking, but 1/2 the cost of the factory rims.

I would also probably go with a 17 inch rim,... just my opinion.

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Cragars or your current wheels. Torque-Thrusts were more popular in the early to mid 60's. There were a bunch of wheels from late 60's on. Google is your friend for images.

68bigblock

Reaction score
I put the 17" rallies from year one on mine and I get a lot of compliments on them, they look factoryish but better

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I still love the old slotted rims if you can find a set in good condition or the Halibrands

cudanutjim

Reaction score
I put some American Racing torque thrust with dark chrome spokes on my cuda with 255/60-15 on back and 225/60-15 on front. Looks great and mean from the back. Tons of compliments

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
I currently have OEM rally wheels on my 73 Barracuda. Cant make up my mind whether I should just clean this up, get the new reproduction rallies, or go with Crager or American Racing spoke style wheels. Any suggestions? Thanks

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I always flip back & for the between the factory Rallyes & Cragars on my cars. Keystones are growing on me over the years. I found these Weld Magnum 2.0's for a steal of a deal for my Challenger so I now run these.

rsz_1rsz_20160716_125311.jpg

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
Your car looks awesome with the Weld Magnums. I also like the Keystone wheels. Im kind of leaning toward the American Racing spoke wheels, but also the the Cragars. I see you don't have the raised white letters (RWL) facing out. I've talked to a bunch of guys and some like the RWLs and some like the black walls. I sort of lean to the RWL because they give the car that classic look. Any suggestions there? Thanks

DJ1967Dart

Reaction score
Hey 6pk what size are those rear tires? Is that rear a stock set up? I am thinking about new wheels and I was told that I could fit 225 70R15 up front and 275 60R15 out back with no fitment or rubbing issues. Your setup looks right. Fills up the wheel wells perfectly.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Hey 6pk what size are those rear tires? Is that rear a stock set up? I am thinking about new wheels and I was told that I could fit 225 70R15 up front and 275 60R15 out back with no fitment or rubbing issues. Your setup looks right. Fills up the wheel wells perfectly.

275/60/15 will fit in the rear of yours no problem on a 10" rim with I believe a 5-1/2" back space, this is what I have on my 70 Charger with the Cragars.

I run either 315/60/15 Drag Radials or 29.5" X 10.5"W slicks on the rear on a 12" wide rim. The axle is narrowed & leaf springs moved in board with Caltracs & a mini tub.

Back