• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What type of piston?

Slug

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 340 that machine shop just bored .40 over. At everyone's recommendations I had stock crank reground . Using stock rods, I have the new trick flow heads and am using a lunati 20200711 roller cam and lifter which has .515/.530" lift. How do I figure out what piston to order ? I want to have around 9.5 to 10 compression so I can use pump gas. I need help figuring out if I get a dish style piston or flat top piston that the valves will not interfere with. Thanks.

moparleo

Reaction score
Either contact a Mopar familiar machine shop, the different piston manufacturers, the cam manufacturer and just give them the cm specs and bore/stroke. They can tell you the proper piston. Or most of the time the piston manufacturers catalog will give you the proper piston number.
I you are supposed to get the complete parts list done BEFORE you start the build. Not just get parts as you go.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The Speed Pro forged 10:1 piston should work well it has valve notches for clearance & the lift on your cam is very mild , the only downside is the weight , Ross or Diamond should have a lighter piston but you need to rebalance it .

Back