• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What's a Rusted Out 73 Cuda Worth

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
With your great description and details it will be easy.... Scrap metal

Not tiring to be a jerk here but, really, we need a little more. However from your description... I stand by my scrap metal value.

I hate to say it because, I would like to see another one saved, and almost anything can be saved but.......

wishihadahemi

Reaction score
sorry i tried but the pics were maybe too large, i'll try again

100_1039 - Copy (Small).JPG

100_1042 - Copy (Small).JPG

100_1043 - Copy (Small).JPG

100_1045 - Copy (Small).JPG

100_1047 - Copy (Small).JPG

100_1049 - Copy (Small).JPG

100_1050 - Copy (Small).JPG

100_1051 - Copy (Small).JPG

100_1053 - Copy (Small).JPG

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Snow inside the car is not a good sign but overall from these pics it's not as bad as I imagined it. That being said it probably does need everything. Think about what it'll be worth restored and then work backwards from there. If you can't do a lot of the work yourself you will be in over your head financially pretty quick.

Avalanche

Reaction score
Event if you got the car for free, you would still be in over your head. These cars are costly to restore, just price out what you need and you would be on it for what it's worth. Factor in any labor and your better off buying something already done.
Although many of us just love the hobby and it's not about price.
Good luck with what you decide.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
Alright.... Pictures. As others have said, it's better than I expected but, still very far gone. It can be saved but...

It does have some value and, as bad as it looks, it still has some good useable parts.
It would defiantly cost way more to restore that it would be worth.

I know because, I have more in my Car (74 Cuda) than it is worth, and I plan to spend more but, it is not for sale and, will go to my kid.

Let us know what you decide and, since you asked about value, my best guess is.... a max of... really whatever someone is willing to pay... if I were to buy this car I wouldn't pay more than $3,000 MAX and, I would be hard pressed to pay that much... remember this is just me and this is just an opinion.

just my 2 cents

Cudafever

Reaction score
I only paid 600.00 for my car............ok ok, that was in the mid 80s and i have put way more into it then it's worth, still a rust bucket and plan to spend more on it. Maybe someday i would look at up dating the body(beauty) then the Beast!
70, 318 gran coupe. Have been offered 12,000 for it but i know if i was to ever sell it, i would NEVER, be able to afford another one.
Look like it was a stick shift car. Still wouldn't give more than $600 without looking at in person.

quapman

Reaction score
It looks like either a real BS 'cuda or maybe has the "cuda" trim package (I don't recall the code right now), it's a rare color and it's a stick car. I don't see rot on the firewall or inner fenders. It looks far more solid than the car I started with 5 years ago that I paid $2500 + shipping for.

Value in today's world? $3k would be a steal.

If it has a title and were on ebay, it would go for $5k +++.

I keep hearing on the forums and facebook about how all these "rotten" cars are overpriced, but I sure don't see anybody dragging cars like this out of garages for cheap anymore. Am I missing something? Are 70-74 cudas being reproduced somewhere for $50?

quapman

Reaction score
It looks like it has a really nice grille. There's $5-800 you won't have to spend later.

Why do you say it's a 904 car? Was it converted to stick at some point?

rocketboy

Reaction score
my opinion that car is worth 3k all day long. this car is now finished did all the work myself 360 pistol grip 4 speed counsel new and used parts it appraised for 30k i had 22k invested with no labor. love the car. black interior. this was a 318 3 speed car all matching numbers had motor running before i pulled it out

Back