• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Where to run electrical line to power in tank fuel pump?

Playtimefun

Reaction score
I am just switching over to an Edelbrock Pro Flo system and as a result have bought an Aeromotive 340 tank with in tank fuel pump.

What's the best place to run the power line to the fuel pump? Through the firewall and inside then through the trunk? Or down along the brake lines on the frame. The wires are in a braided sleeve but not sure that's a smart way to run it.

Thanks folks!!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I would follow the wiring in the drivers side rocker to the trunk. There are provisions there. Maybe put a connector depending where terminate and go through the trunk floor.

Katfish

Reaction score
I would follow the wiring in the drivers side rocker to the trunk. There are provisions there. Maybe put a connector depending where terminate and go through the trunk floor.
That's what I did. Then run it through the same hole as the sending unit wire.
Or any other nearby drain plug.

https://postimg.cc/K4T0znSs][/url]

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
I agree, follow the existing wiring on the driver's side like Challenger RTA and Katfish suggest. That way the wiring is "inside" more.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Completely agree with running the electric fuel pump wiring through the interior at the driver's side rocker and then through the trunk floor to the tank.
I utilized Quick Disconnect connectors for both the fuel pump power and the fuel level sending unit and a solid body ground right at the rear cross brace.
Be sure to solder and heat shrink every connection.

Fuel Sender Disconnect Plug (1).JPG

Back