• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wilwood master cylinder

Reaction score
Trying to figure out how to mount this master on a 71 challenger.
Car had power brakes and the parts are gone. There is a giant hole now in the fire wall with 8 bolt holes. The wilwood is only a two bolt and seems to fit in any of the 4 sets of holes.
where is the correct placement?
Do I need an adapter plate? and what one?
Could I just Weld it in and leave what I need open with out a plate?
What other parts will I need to hook it up to the pedal?
Heard I may need to put in a brake Stop?
Any help/pics or link would be great.
Thanks
Erik
download

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
http://bootleggerracing.com/catalog/i8.html Try this. I learned a long time ago to never assume anything. Like, are there any modifications visible from a prior owner ? I have seen people do crazy things on their cars. It always helps to be specific and have pictures for us to diagnose your problems. Remember, we have never seen your car. Did you just aquire the car ?

moparleo

Reaction score
We still haven't seen a picture of what you are dealing with. I just thought you would want something made for your application, that might cover the "giant hole" in your firewall. It also acts as a reinforcement for the firewall. You wanted to know which holes to use, the plate also will align you to the proper mounting holes for your 2 bolt master. You want to weld the master to the firewall ? Seriuosly? Do you really want help or are you pulling our legs ?

rbbruno3

Reaction score
M/S plate

I used an aluminum plate. Also had to drill new hole on pedal for correct leverage

Rick's_Challenger_064[1].jpg

Rick's_Challenger_076[1].jpg

Rick's_Challenger_067[1].jpg

Rick's_Challenger_068[1].jpg

Reaction score
firewall

picture.php

So the block I have will cover the 6 lower holes. I am thinking of just welding in the rest of the hole above the block unless the master is supposed to mount higher then what I have

Last edited:
Reaction score
picture.php
We still haven't seen a picture of what you are dealing with. I just thought you would want something made for your application, that might cover the "giant hole" in your firewall. It also acts as a reinforcement for the firewall. You wanted to know which holes to use, the plate also will align you to the proper mounting holes for your 2 bolt master. You want to weld the master to the firewall ? Seriuosly? Do you really want help or are you pulling our legs ?[/QUOTE

The block I have will cover the bottom 6 holes and mounts the master. I was thinking of welding in the rest of the exposed hole unless the master is supposed to be up higher.

Reaction score
I used an aluminum plate. Also had to drill new hole on pedal for correct leverage

That does look good. The plate I got was a Mopar part # and only covers the the bottom 6 bolt holes.

Have not had time to put it in to check the alignment and is going to be a bit lower then yours.

What type of lines are you going to run? I was going to .with stainless but hear it's a pain to get it to flare. Any suggestions?
Factory stainless would have to be cut and flared to fit

Back