• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wipers not "parking"

cv70chall

Reaction score
I've replaced my wiper motor and have the wipers working but they won't park when turned off. Can someone show me a photo of the back of the switch that shows EXACTLY which terminals are used?
I have a 2-speed switch/ motor configuration.

Thanks!

Adam

Reaction score
The harness on those is plug and play; hard to mix up the wires. If you have access to a Service manual there is a section for trouble shooting the wipers that wont park. Also, sometimes rebuilt units wont park because too much grease is used and it can drip into the wrong places, while in storage... at least that is what my rebuilt wiper guy told me. It is a common problem and Im sure a quick internet search will show you the common fixes. Good luck.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I had the same problem on a 3 speed wiper motor. The problem was that the switch wasnt grounded properly. I removed the switch panel and put a ground wire from the switch to the dash frame. Worked perfectly.
Most problems with wipers are with the grounds.

Reaction score
If you have proper function less the park it's usually the park switch mechanism on the reverse side of the switch plate/gear housing cover. I believe there's a post here on FBBO where I have a photo of how it should look to park and the clocking positions when you return the switch plate after it's been "fixed". If you can't find it, let me know and I'll post it but I was pretty sure it was over here

Moparparts

Reaction score
You may have purchased a motor from a different model A, B or C-body and they do not park the same as an E-Body motor does. Look for a number stamped on the ground strap and post that number

I've replaced my wiper motor and have the wipers working but they won't park when turned off. Can someone show me a photo of the back of the switch that shows EXACTLY which terminals are used?
I have a 2-speed switch/ motor configuration.

Thanks!

cv70chall

Reaction score
Can't seem to locate that link. A photo would be killer! Yes, my 2-speed switch works fine but does not park. I have yet to try the grounding solution offered (he had a 3 speed so I don't know if that makes a difference)

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Add this to the list. You may have a different switch than you have motor. One of them may be two speed and one may be three speed. I'll be free in a week to go over it.

Back