• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

wiring help

tgalisin

Reaction score
have a 74 barracuda 318. putting it back together after 4yrs. the wiring up to the alternator has 4 wires 3 go to the alternator where does the 4th go? also where does the wire off the brake distribution switch under the master cylinder plug into. my end is a bare wire no connector, there is a plug open of the wiring on the drivers side going up towards the battery. is that where it goes Thanks Tom IMG_2511[1].jpg

IMG_2511[1].jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Water temp sending unit maybe for the wire by the alternator? If you had the fsm for the car all your questions would be answered.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I agree with Matt about the temperature sending unit wire. Post some pics of what wires you are working with.

tgalisin

Reaction score
its not TSU that's on the intake. Now I have a bigger problem tried to start it and when the key was on I started getting smoke from blue wire to the coil control switch. any help?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Do an internet search for a wiring diagram or get a copy of the factory service manual. Then check all your wiring. Sounds like there are several issues.

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
My guess is carb solenoid, but i have to agree with the others, get yourself a really good wiring diagram.
Just load one of the internet, theres some really clear easy to follow ones out there

Theres also some crap :)

BoomerSoonerVA

Reaction score
Need to get a wiring diagram the blue one should not be going to your coil.

Last edited:
Back