• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiring Issue

Reaction score
Putting interior back together on my 72 challenger rallye . Dash installed and power everywhere but nothing works ? Any help with ground issues or any other thoughts ? Only thing I do have are headlights ! Have checked dash light bulbs, fuses etc. all are good ! Help !

Reaction score
Yesir , power to cluster and everywhere under dash ! Everyone says it has to be a ground problem but were not sure where the ground comes from for the inside and rear? we don.t have anything on the rear either ? no taillights ect. ? I don.t have any grounds under hood other than neg. battery to engine and small lead from neg. cable to body ???

70chall440

Reaction score
The ground for the dash cluster comes from the dash frame which comes by contact with the body (bolts/screws across the top and the 2 side 1/4-20 bolts). Run a 10g wire from some place on the dash frame to the fire wall ensuring that you have no paint on either end.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Headlight power comes from splice one,behind cluster.and it should complete the curicit througth ground wire in front of battery. With headlights on remove ground. That would be the 2 smaller wires. light should go off.if not you have other problems. bottom of fuse box connection 1 reads ACC other reads BATT,see if there hot. Power everywhere a little vauge. connect a wire (jumper cables negitive only) to battery ground and use it to probe for power.

20211213_150353.jpg

Last edited:

themechanic

Reaction score
Battery ground to radiator support and engine, engine ground to firewall, dash ground to A-pillars and each separate screw clip needs bare metal under them as it was from the factory.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 193

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
This screw is a critical ground, especially for the wipers.

Attachments

• ground.jpg
    ground.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 218
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get actual Photos of under dash wiring? We have power and ground everywhere in dash but nothing works exept headlights ? Have ground from batt to engine and body,engine to firewall dash to body? headlight indicator on dash works but lights stay on dim? Anyone know what this connecter is ? Two red going into this plug that appears to be all ground ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-19 at 10.09.57 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-19 at 10.09.57 AM.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 163
Back