• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wont start

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have a 70 340 was running but pretty bad it haded been used in 4-6 mts. Any way got it running fair. had the carb rebuilt and after that it will not start. put new wires plugs rotor cap it is getting spark and fuel. its a AVC carter carb with electric regtion added. It will all most start but it will not keep running. Had 3 pople look at it and no help. Can any one PLEASE think of and thing.

moparleo

Reaction score
You need three things for an internal combustion engine to run. Fuel, Compression-air, spark-timing. My advise to anyone trying to diagnose any problem with their car is to go back to the basics. Check the simple stuff first, it is usually the problem. If you just replaced several parts and it doesn't run properly , go back and recheck your installation and any settings or adjustments that were required. Firing order,plug gap,initial timing,spark at coil,all hose hooked up.... Take your time and go one by one. Make a check list of these things to check and recheck. You will usually find it was something simple or obvious.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree go back to the basics , you also posted the timing mark problem so I would start with timing , forget the light & advance the dist a bit & see if it runs better while playing with the timing for example

Back