• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

body shell

Blake129

Reaction score
Ok so my 70 challenger is fixing to go into the metal shop. It needs new fenders, new hood, new valances, new door skins, new roof, new outer a pillar, new quarters, rear deck lid, frame rails, trunk floor, wheel houses... as you can see it pretty much needs the entire outer structure replaced. I have located a Dynacorn body shell online and have read mixed reviews about these. Has anyone seen them in person? I'm worried that the shell would need alot of work as well.

Adam

Reaction score
I saw one at SEMA; it looked good; except I saw the door hinges were welded to the body. This might have been for the show; or maybe they are all like that. Also, it’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s just not original... those heavy doors are a major pain to align.

Does the Dynacorn shell come with the hood, fenders, and valances?

Blake129

Reaction score
I saw one at SEMA; it looked good; except I saw the door hinges were welded to the body. This might have been for the show; or maybe they are all like that. Also, it’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s just not original... those heavy doors are a major pain to align.

Does the Dynacorn shell come with the hood, fenders, and valances?

Its literally everything. Just slap on the rear axle, k member, powertrain and then interior and its done. I mean I know its not that simple, but yeah its everything.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Why is the Mustang body $9500 and the Mopars $17500? that is nearly double the price, I know Mopars are more then twice as good but this isn't fair.

budascuda

Reaction score
Why is the Mustang body $9500 and the Mopars $17500? that is nearly double the price, I know Mopars are more then twice as good but this isn't fair.

One could just rationalize it like this;
The actual price is 17500 for either one of bodies, it's that they have to give the mustangs away at half the price just so they can get rid of them.

Blake129

Reaction score
Update: so I’ve decided to pull the trigger on the Dynacorn body shell. This is 1 of 2 available on the market but word is they will start to manufacture them again after SEMA. I haven’t taken delivery but these are the photos of the shell before it ships my way. I’ll post more info once I receive it for those considering this route.

74715F2E-D381-402B-BB8E-9009A26FF8DE.png

6467999C-ED3F-47A9-9772-0D98B8690AAA.png

61F9EAFE-7A5E-4F0B-B03D-D1622EBB4524.png

1505F75C-A063-48EC-9ED1-7AC0CB6273FF.png

AA81CF53-57FA-446A-B812-FBF74CC9F267.png

895A23D6-CA32-4AAB-A56E-AE28EC019325.png

826F7B4E-B861-4F3D-94EF-C8A5B272C29A.png

aussiemark

Reaction score
That looks sweet has to be better then a repaired rusty one. I can see door hinge bolts so the doors are bolted not welded like the one seen at the SEMA show. I have read an article about one in New Zealand some brothers bought it and made a restomod T/A car from memory I will try and find it and get it to you somehow.

budascuda

Reaction score
Oh man o man.....
It looks great, I can't wait till you take delivery of it. LOL.
The hinges look like they are bolted on like they should, the one Adam saw at sema must have had been rushed-up for the show.
Congratulations!

Last edited:

Blake129

Reaction score
Yeah I’m anxious to see it in person. I’ll send more photos once it’s here. Everything appears to look exact to factory spec when I compare photos however there’s a few holes on the passenger side of the firewall that aren’t in my current 70 challenger and I’m not sure what they’re for.

moparlee

Reaction score
Can't wait to see better pics and follow along on your progress. Do you have any idea on how many of the body shells that they have sold?

Blake129

Reaction score
Took delivery of the shell. Out of the gate I found a problem...the deck filler doesn’t sit where it needs to be. I first noticed it from the way it was pushing the trunk lid out. I ruled out the possibility of a misshaped trunk lid and further confirmed it when I compared the fitment of the window reveal molding. I hope this is the only discrepancy that I run into. Fingers crossed.

A155BD0B-D1F8-4493-85A9-D5BF81010377.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
I watched your video full screen and paused it several times. I agree, overall it looks very good and seeing nothing but nice new clean sheet metal is a thing of beauty. Hope that everything bolts up ok for you:thumbsup:. Keep us posted on your progress.

Blake129

Reaction score
I watched your video full screen and paused it several times. I agree, overall it looks very good and seeing nothing but nice new clean sheet metal is a thing of beauty. Hope that everything bolts up ok for you:thumbsup:. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks, yeah thats one of my fears that the bolt holes for various things will be just a hair off. I guess id have to break out the welder, fill the holes and tap new ones for a correct fit. Hopefully it wont come to that.

Adam

Reaction score
Looks good. Yes, the Dutchman panel is a bummer, but could be fixed in a few hours... you should hang the hood and fenders to check the fit.

Back