• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Before & After

AUSTA

Reaction score
Decided on sandblasting & primer this time operator uses a superfine media changed the rusted trunk floor ,cowl & lower rear quarters prior to blasting.
Mark heres another of him doing the underneath & other side.

BEFORE.jpeg
AFTER.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Passenger.jpg

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
Hey AUSTA, is this the RT that you just bought last year?
Looking good.....

AUSTA

Reaction score
Thanks
Not sure what it was originally had no fender tag or build sheet all we need in Australia for licensing is the body VIN & Dash Vin.
It had a non matching slant 6/904 the VIN is for a /6 car
2 pistons had melted holes you could drop a golf ball through & 3 badly burnt valves still running only just
Originally a B5 blue/Vinyl roof with a lot of options weather they were added or factory who knows
May have been WWS had all the chrome trim & rocker panel covers
Getting a R3 426 /727 8 3/4 3.55 Torsen ,Gator grain roof not sure on the Decals TA / RT ??
Was Blue interior with a chromed dash
Owner has put all the best parts on the car rubbed it back then left it in the weather for a couple of years it was last licensed in 2017
I think it was used as a shooting jalopy the car was full of bullet shells with a couple of bullet holes in the floor found a couple of unopened cigars in the Aluminium casing down in the back cavities looks like it had an interesting life

moparlee

Reaction score
I think it was used as a shooting jalopy the car was full of bullet shells with a couple of bullet holes in the floor found a couple of unopened cigars in the Aluminium casing down in the back cavities looks like it had an interesting life
Sounds like it was used as a "moonshine" car:lol:

moparlee

Reaction score
Lee, what is a "moonshine car" ?
During prohibition, those southern boys distilled white light'nin and they were called moonshiners since they did their work during the night under moon light conditions. The "goods" were delivered in cars often under chase by the local fuzz. Anyway that's what came to mind when AUSTA mentioned bullet holes and cigars. BTW, where are you from:D

340challconvert

Reaction score
Another good thought about the "moonshiners"; many of the guys distilling the illegal liquor in the back woods of the south got a lot of experience outrunning the Federal Agents :steering: (who were called "revenuers" because no Federal Tax was collected on the illegal booze) and later many became race car drivers on the southern Nascar circuits.
Dino2 (2).gif

budascuda

Reaction score
During prohibition, those southern boys distilled white light'nin and they were called moonshiners since they did their work during the night under moon light conditions. The "goods" were delivered in cars often under chase by the local fuzz. Anyway that's what came to mind when AUSTA mentioned bullet holes and cigars. BTW, where are you from:D

That is FANTASTIC...
There's a lot of movies about the prohibition era. The American history has been an interest of mine for as long as I remember. I recall as a kid, watching Robert Stack (Eliot Ness) and his agents busting-in on back door bars and sledge hammering beer kegs open in underground breweries... . I remember asking my folks, why are they wasting all the beer?.... And they would just laugh!
As for where I am from, well, hold on to your hat, I am from Iran but live in Canada for many years now.

340challconvert

Reaction score
The city of Chicago was a hotbed of illegal booze controlled by mobsters. A lot of the liquor was smuggled across the Great Lakes by boat from Canada where alcohol was still legal. Interesting time in American history.

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
The city of Chicago was a hotbed of illegal booze controlled by mobsters. A lot of the liquor was smuggled across the Great Lakes by boat from Canada where alcohol was still legal.

You are correct. In Vancouver bc, there is a prominent family that made their fortune by rum running. Now of course, their children enjoy the ill gotten fortune and balk at being called criminals.

AUSTA

Reaction score
By the state of the engine it looks like it was run on moonshine
The people that drove these cars were called Bootleggers they say they are the people that started NASCAR

budascuda

Reaction score
By the state of the engine it looks like it was run on moonshine
The people that drove these cars were called Bootleggers they say they are the people that started NASCAR
Amazing, it makes perfect sense, you gotta have certain kind of guts for both jobs, a natural progression really!.

seneca

Reaction score
Amazing, it makes perfect sense, you gotta have certain kind of guts for both jobs, a natural progression really!.

If you want to see an excellent movie on prohibition era moonshining look up the film " Lawless". It is based on a book written by the main character's grandson about a family of moonshiners in Virginia. Very good actors and an action filled plot.

i_taz

Reaction score
You are correct. In Vancouver bc, there is a prominent family that made their fortune by rum running. Now of course, their children enjoy the ill gotten fortune and balk at being called criminals.

There was a prominent family here too, you may have heard of, who made their money in the bootleg business.....the Kennedy's

budascuda

Reaction score
If you want to see an excellent movie on prohibition era moonshining look up the film " Lawless". It is based on a book written by the main character's grandson about a family of moonshiners in Virginia. Very good actors and an action filled plot.
thanks Seneca.

Back