• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member CA SF Bay Area 1974 Challenger

74Scooter

Reaction score
Been lurking a few forums... time to chime in. Just picked up a 74 Challenger in October. Been wanting to get back to a nice Dodge for some time and finally had the opportunity. Not my first Mopar, had a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger slant 6-225 before I went into the military in the 80's. While I was in I drove a 1970 Dodge Charger 383. After I got out I sold the Charger and had instant regret. missed Mopar and having a street rod. Picked up a 1967 Fairlane back in the early 90's and have been driving it since. Picked up this nice yellow ride from a nice guy up in Sacramento area while the weather was still good.
fetch?id=331&d=1572153354.jpg

fetch?id=332&d=1572153382.jpg

fetch

fetch

budascuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, sheeees a beauty!
The seats look great too, what year challenger are the seats out of? Was it difficult to modify them for your car?

Last edited:

74Scooter

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, sheeees a beauty!
The seats look great too, what year challenger are the seats out of? Was it difficult to modify them for you car?

Thanks! Seats came out of an 08. Credit where due, the prior owner had these done up already and the car came with the original seats I still have. He scavenged a pair of original seat rails and had them tack welded to the newer seats, they bolted right in. Electrics on the driver side work as well. As mentioned elsewhere, if you are a taller guy these might not work for you. They sit a few inches higher than stock and not to everyone's liking. I'm 5'9 ish and it puts the wheel in my lap. Still getting used to them, they are comfy. But have the original buckets if I cannot make the adjustment. Only takes a few minutes a side to swap them out.. done it a few times already. :)

440rush

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Great looking Challenger. Thank you for your service too.

Moparparts

Reaction score
Good looking ride, any pics of the 67 Fairlane?

budascuda

Reaction score
Very nice job but you are smart to ask your friend for a trade, I guess you kinda have an idea what Fords are worth! Lol.
No disrespect but you can put k20 in some cars and they will still worth k20.
Last year I went to a local auto wrecker and saw a Ford Galaxy convertible in the yard, it was actually undamaged and very little rust. I thought it would be gone that day, so did the wrecker but it sat there for months and only a few parts were picked and then the crusher nabbed it. That says something ......

74Scooter

Reaction score
^^ Fairlane GTA seems to do better, more desirable body style for many and it's not a pony car. Have not been chased out of any car shows yet. :lol:

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan. Nice looking '74 Challenger and glad that you are back with the Mopar crowd. I like your Fairlane too.

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
What part of Bay Area? I‘m out by the delta.

Last edited:

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
Great area worked out there and Cupertino a lot. Been a few years. There’s a group of Mopars that do some cruises out there. Best to ya, oh nice fairlane, brother in-law had a 66 comet cyclone till he trashed it. Good luck

Back