• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 AAR Bringing it back from the accident.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Got it blasted and sheetmetal ordered.

IMG_4805.JPG

IMG_4811.JPG

fk5aar

Reaction score
Sweet, love the burnt orange. Mine originally was white guts black top fk5 but they painted it blue in the 80s probably. So I just have traces of the original paint left

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Yes the FK5 is a great color I think. Can't wait to see this one in paint. Getting ready to do some metal work on it. Been helping a friend in his shop a little so running around like a nut.

Caterpillars

Reaction score
I figured I would start a kinda build thread here. Be patient with me Been busy!!. I'm not a big PC guy I'll do my best.
This story starts years ago. My buddy bought a 70 Burnt orange AAR Cuda , 4spd car from someone in the early 70's. On his way home one night in 75 he encountered a bridge, I mean really encountered it! Evidently ice was the culprit. All he remembered was hitting the bridge and waking up in the passenger seat. He had gone from the front seat to the drivers rear seat and ended up in the front passenger seat! He was unconscious. had a cut on his calf from the ashtray and his bell rung bad. Lucky to have survived. He brought the totaled cuda home and stripped everything he could and put the parts away. Flash forward and I convinced him to do something with it. He agreed so here we are! Gonna be a long journey as the car is gonna need a lot of love. I'll put up some pics from when I saw it.
Wonder if your vin has OB226237 in it.

70chall440

Reaction score
Nice work, great to see another one coming back from the dead. I once had a lime green AAR I sold back in 86 because I was going overseas, I always wondered what happened to it.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Nice work, great to see another one coming back from the dead. I once had a lime green AAR I sold back in 86 because I was going overseas, I always wondered what happened to it.
Bet you wish you had that one back!

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Nice metal work; that quarter panel looks great.
Thanks, just hanging on there have to finish up underneath, epoxy ect.. then weld her on have to get the other quarter positioned and trunk lid fitted and on and on..... LOL. Long way to go yet.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
No, "D" is wrong, I think the 15 is supposed to be 18. That's how it works out on my dynacorn rear assembly.
Thanks, that's what I figured. This thing couldn't be that far off!! Wonder about the rest of them? Seems the rest were real close. Thanks.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Will update soon been busy will download some pics and continue.

Zell

Reaction score
@Torqueflite really cool to see this coming together. Where did you find the diagram for the frame measurements and do you know if they're the same for a 1974 Cuda?

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Been hard to update the progress on the AAR but will update soon. Been trying to sell a rental house blah blah. I have a question for anyone with a 70 cuda. I need a measurement. From the rear top front fender mounting holes right in front of the cowl side to side center to center on the bolts would be fine on an assembled car unless someone has that dimension on a car in progress. In other words the width between the rear fender top mounting holes side to side. The cowl was damaged on this one on the right side there so couldn't get a measurement. Just trying to get that right instead of having to assemble the whole front end ten times. I will fit the frontend and sheetmetal but this would save me a bunch of work. The drivers side was fine so just need to re-establish the pass side to fit the apron. Thanks in advance!

Back