• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Water Temp Control Valve - Where do I get?

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Well, after almost 50 years, this is toast. Anyone know where I can obtain one for my 73? This does not need to be OEM, just something that works.

20210726_200341.jpg

Ele115

Reaction score
Just make sure you keep your little bracket thing. I don't think the new one will come with it.

Ele115

Reaction score
If you go to Autozone, the kid at the counter will ask if it's all wheel drive

70chall440

Reaction score
Okay, cool, I see it. Should I assume that the picture of their part is not exactly what it looks like? Because the thing that the cable hooks to for operation is not shown and it looks to be integral with the assembly.
Well I would not assume anything but I will tell you that you most likely are not going to find an exact replacement as the NOS stuff is pretty much gone. All of those valves do the same thing and were used by all of the manufacturers so the aftermarket takes a generic one and changes the mount a little. In other words it might take some tinkering to fit and work but it will do the job.

If you want one that looks exactly like the one you have now, you will have to find a take off from someone I think, not enough demand for the manufacturers to make one that is specific to Mopar E/B bodies.

Back