• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Modern LED headlights

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I bet you only need 1 pair , the inner highbeams could be left alone , the single outer dual beams should provide plenty of light .

DrEamer

Reaction score
Those look like Hella brand housings, but I could be wrong about that. I have not priced them out in awhile, but I would think you could do a set for less, and be as good, if not better.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
At least they’re not those halo lights that seem to be catching on in some corners of the old car hobby. I can’t stand seeing those on an old car.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
So what does it cost to replace the proprietary bulb? I think they shoot themselves in the foot!

Last edited:

DrEamer

Reaction score
Definately not Hella , the rear is all a heat sink .
I also assumed $200 was for a pair !!

Yep, took the time to look them up, and not Hella. I would venture to say that Hella's optics are better though. Also, I took the time to look up cost on Hella housings since I was researching anyway, and their conversion housings run from $30-45 a piece depending on where you get them. LED's are starting at around $40 a pair up to $200. I just installed a midrange set in my 2000 Mustang, and will never go back to a halogen bulbs after seeing the difference.

Last edited:

70chall440

Reaction score
I am/was planning to run Hella lenses with H4 and H1 Halogen but might go to LED conversion bulbs. I damn sure am not paying $200+ per light (need 4 for a 71 Charger).

ted s

Reaction score
most led set ups look so wrong a classic car

Steve340

Reaction score
I bought a set of 4 Halogens sealed beam ones off a Corvette resto guy on EBAY for $34USD.
They would fit straight in to a Challenger mounting and plugs wise - but you would need to fit relays.
They look very much like the originals as well.

moparroy

Reaction score
Definately not Hella , the rear is all a heat sink .
I also assumed $200 was for a pair !!
It says sold individually.
I already bought a set of Hella H4s for mine - and plan to use H4 LEDs - have one in my '82 Gold Wind already and works great. Mainly for lower current draw and for bulb life rating as I plan to run the headlights on most of the time like DRLs. Not installed yet though - the one thing I am not sure about is what to do for the rubber boot with LED bulbs - the Honda boot fit ok 0 the Hella will require modification - tried a few aftermarket boots to see if they would work but no

Last edited:

Rons340

Reaction score
I found these a while back and was thinking about trying a set. They are customizable and they are glass! The price isn't near what the Holley units are and have enough rear clearance without modifications to the buckets. The ones that I picked have the OE grids and LED bulbs. $359 for set of four.

Dapper Lighting 575 (Set of 4 Headlights)

bc3j

Reaction score
I found the OEM type halogen seal beams with relays work pretty good for me. I tried two different H4 reflector housings with LEDs and couldn’t align the headlights. LEDs are bright, but too much light scatter for my liking.

heminut

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of these on Ebay to try on my Cuda. They have the fluted lenses so they look more like a sealed beam. They use the H4 bulbs and I'm going to try them with LED bulbs. About $20 each, so not a big investment.
headlight.jpg

Back