• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 4 door cuda?!?!

resq302

Reaction score
doing a detailed build like that isn't something that happens over night. Think of the time it would have taken to make up those brackets alone.

ECS

Reaction score
Progressing ?
We had the brackets reproduced exactly like the originals and they added the final touch in keeping the setup look new. Here are the final progression photos of the Rear Sway Bar assembly.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Ray

Reaction score
Hinderence no. Amusement yes.
im a fan of fiction.

Last edited:

resq302

Reaction score
Honestly, for Dave and his crew not being a full time resto shop, I applaud them for the progress they are making with uncharted territory. I'd like to see someone else undertake this and have it turn out anywhere close to the detail that his build is.

Ray

Reaction score
I'll wait till the ending. It's not all that entertaining. Just amusing. The work quality is entertaining, I can't argue that. the rest.Eh!

ECS

Reaction score
Honestly, for Dave and his crew not being a full time resto shop, I applaud them for the progress they are making with uncharted territory. I'd like to see someone else undertake this and have it turn out anywhere close to the detail that his build is.

Take it with a grain of salt Brian. There are at least 10 projects posted on this forum that have been going on for more than 5 years. Everyone of those projects started with a complete car. Where's the protest against their time lines? Also keep in mind that we started with nothing! Not only have we had to find every single part to build it, we had to fabricate just about every Body Panel (as well as Interior components) that were never manufactured. In the past 10 years, we've completed 3 OE Gold-Best of Show-Chrysler restorations and are currently doing an OE restoration on my 1969 Pontiac Trans Am........at the same time that this project is going on! I guess we're just a bunch of slackers!

Ray

Reaction score
Question. If you started with nothing. And had to find and fabricate everything by hand how do you get a vin? And I'm not protesting your time line I just asked if you have a finish line in site. Unclench your butt checks.

joey also has a forpontiacsonly forum. I would like to see your trans am in there.

ECS

Reaction score
Question. If you started with nothing. And had to find and fabricate everything by hand how do you get a vin?.......

Doesn't every new car start as nothing and then have a VIN assigned once it's built?

Ray

Reaction score
Absolutely. Just asking who did or do you apply to for this?

Ray

Reaction score
Yes I would be interested. As I am a bit confused. First I though this was a recreation of something someone had seen. Using a donor car. Ok. Now your saying it's not, its a new car built with old and fabricated parts?

ECS

Reaction score
Yes I would be interested. As I am a bit confused. First I though this was a recreation of something someone had seen. Using a donor car. Ok. Now your saying it's not, its a new car built with old and fabricated parts?

Well it's certainly not being built as an old car! (lol) The story has never changed with regards to a "donor car". We used the A & B pillars from a B Body and did major reconstruction on those components to make them fit our design. The inside Door Frames were also used and the same type of reconstruction was performed on those. Not a single Body Panel could be used or bolted onto any other B or E Body vehicle. This "WHAT IF" tribute is unique to itself and nothing else.

Ray

Reaction score
Ok so then it's not a new car vin then, just the vin from the donor car as reconstructed. Or is my thinking wrong. As far as the time line I thought I had read at one time you had a finish date in mind so as to show the car. Or was I reading that wrong.

ECS

Reaction score
Ok so then it's not a new car vin then, just the vin from the donor car as reconstructed. Or is my thinking wrong. As far as the time line I thought I had read at one time you had a finish date in mind so as to show the car. Or was I reading that wrong.

What VIN from a donor car are you talking about? There was no donor car VIN associated or used with this project. Where have you ever seen ANY car that had the VIN BH41HOB100000? What donor car do you think had that number assigned to it? This car is a one of a kind build based on the concept that was written about by Roger Johnson. If you're still confused, go back and read the thread from the beginning. It covers everything that has been done in detail.

Regarding the finishing date, it will be done when it's done. Tell your crony he should ask his own questions. In the end, he won't alter or change a thing........I guarantee it.

Ray

Reaction score
You said you used the a and b pillars what car body did you fabricate them to fit on is the question I am asking.

I have no crony are you psychotic. Or suffer from paranoid delusions? I'm asking basic questions as to the vin. If others have asked the same question. I don't know or care. What's the mystery. Is it a tribute modified reconstruction. I sure don't see it as new car construction.

Back