• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

"Building My Dream" by 72 Chally

72chally440

Reaction score
Yanked the Power steering gear box and shipped it to Firm Feel. Apparently I cant get the faster ratio setup due to TTI headers interference, so I just went with stage 2 box for firmer feel.I have also found that my spacers on driver side k-member prevented the steering column from installing to factory specs even though I was able to connect it. The spacers also prevented similar tension on torsion bars from side to side. I'm now considering a QA1 tubular K frame since I already have the bottom partially apart. Maybe I can get the engine level without the other issues.

72chally440

Reaction score
Another update. Engine is level again thanks to QA1 K-member. Firm Feel power steering box is awesome.

I thought I might have a rear main seal leak due to moderate amount of oil on driveway after running it.

Using dye and black light, I found that rear main seal is okay, but I have 6 seperate oil leaks.
-- Both Valve covers (ditched the cork gaskets & went back to Moroso steel n rubber with Ultra black coating on both sides - solved)
-- Edelbrock Victor valley pan was leaking along passenger side at rear. I think I may have damaged it when removing, so I ordered a new one.
-- Oil dipstick tube at engine block, I dunno why this is happening because there is a rubber seal there. I will try to pound it in a little tighter.
-- Breather and PCV on passenger side valve cover does not seal where it screws into Mopar performance valve covers.
--Oil pan at passenger rear corner. Per some research, I found that Jegs has a pretty good double gasket reusable windage tray, so I ordered one to resolve this.

I'll post some pics soon.

quapman

Reaction score
I've never seen a seal on the dipstick tube. Is yours aftermarket?

72chally440

Reaction score
Yep aftermarket. It's just a small o ring at the block
Okay Quapman, you were right. O ring was not necessary. I cut it off then pounded dipstick in deeper by inserting a phillips screwdriver in dipstick tube; problem solved.
My oil pan leak ended up being from ARP main cap studs on rear cap. As you can see in following pics, the studs were hitting my 440 source oil pan preventing it from seating completely. I was using a standard cork pan gasket. By changing to the Jegs windage tray with double gasket I gained the clearance to avoid the studs with the bonus of now having a windage tray. I've read where others have shortened the studs to avoid this same problem. Here are some pics.

SDC12171.JPG

SDC12183.JPG

SDC12173.JPG

SDC12176.JPG

Back