• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

20 Years old, first mopar. 70 Barracuda.

Garrett

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Garrett and I just bought a Barracuda from a guy here on the forums. It's a 70 Barracuda, took me a long time to track one down. I'm 20 years old and i've been looking for years... everything I found either had no title, was completely out of my broke college kid budget, or both! Lol. Couldn't be happier with my buy, it's my first mopar and i'll be keeping it for a very long time. I bought it from "fastmark" and I really can't stress enough just how good of a guy he is. He kept his word and held the car for me even though he had offers for more money. He also sold me some parts and has been very helpful answering my questions/showing me where parts can be found. With that being said i'm excited to start on my project, it's gonna be a father/son type deal. I hope i'm able to learn from everyone on here as I go!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Couldn’t have been looking for too long, you’re only 20!

Garrett

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Couldn’t have been looking for too long, you’re only 20!

Thanks man! lol yeah I got pretty lucky. It feels like i've been looking for awhile anyways, had a couple cars get bought out from under me. But like you said i'm only 20, Very lucky.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO and congratulations on obtaining the Barracuda.
Great father/son project and to have you as part of the E-body Mopar obsession that we all have.
Looking forward to pics of your new car!
Dino2 (1).gif

Garrett

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is the only decent picture I have at the moment. This is the day we picked it up and the picture still doesn't quite do it justice lol. Rust is very minimal compared to what we're used to seeing around here in Nebraska. I would say the worst part of the car are the fenders, they are pretty smashed. Still not bad though as they can be replaced easily once I find a pair. Thanks for the interest guys! I will try to find some more pictures or take some when I get a chance.

IMG_4045.JPG

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
That's a cool car for sure!
And an awesome thing to do with your father.

Keep posting pics of your progress. Maybe start a restoration thread.

What part of Nebraska?

Garrett

Reaction score
That's a cool car for sure!
And an awesome thing to do with your father.

Keep posting pics of your progress. Maybe start a restoration thread.

What part of Nebraska?

Omaha, Nebraska. Yeah he has a 70 Mustang Mach 1, so it's kind of his first mopar as well. He worked on a few back in the day with his friends, but it's a good learning experience for both of us.

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
Welcome from about a 100 miles south of you in Beatrice! Cool project! If ya need parts or something don’t be afraid to hit me up , I might be able to point you in the right direction.

KMikk

Reaction score
Garrett,
There is a rear half of a Cuda, that has been sitting outside at a body shop in Linton, North Dakota. I stopped to look at it last year. the rear quarters seemed to be in good shape. I have a 70 Challenger that i rebuilt so i know parts are hard to find. It maybe at John's Body shop (701)-254-4368. if not they can help you, its a very small town 513 miles north of Omaha.

Garrett

Reaction score
Welcome from about a 100 miles south of you in Beatrice! Cool project! If ya need parts or something don’t be afraid to hit me up , I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Go Big Red! Glad to see a fellow Nebraskan on here. I'll probably pm you with a few things i'm looking for, any help is greatly appreciated!

Garrett

Reaction score
Garrett,
There is a rear half of a Cuda, that has been sitting outside at a body shop in Linton, North Dakota. I stopped to look at it last year. the rear quarters seemed to be in good shape. I have a 70 Challenger that i rebuilt so i know parts are hard to find. It maybe at John's Body shop (701)-254-4368. if not they can help you, its a very small town 513 miles north of Omaha.

Awesome! I will check them out, thanks for the heads up. I've been pretty lucky so far, but I know certain parts are harder to find than others. So leads are a big help.

Garrett

Reaction score
wait wait, I'm confused. In no way have I ever heard a mustang put in the mopar bucket. What are we talking about?

Haha my dad has a Mustang. He is used to working on Fords... So since I bought the barracuda, it'll be a first time learning experience for both of us. Hopefully that clears any "confusion"... I feel like you were just kidding though... Lol

Back